This creamy Avocado Melon Gazpacho is jam packed with flavor and fresh herbs! Serve chilled for the perfect summer appetizer or main course that is sure to be a hit with guests! Top with prosciutto for an extra punch of flavor. Paleo and Whole30 approved!
Say hello to your new favorite summer dish. You will absolutely fall in love with the many complex flavors of this dish! Honeydew melon, cucumber, fresh mint, basil, fennel, and avocado are all blended up in this delicious chilled soup. I also added in a bit of tang with white wine vinegar, and topped with gazpacho (which is totally optional). In fact, make this a Vegan dish by omitting the prosciutto altogether.
So you guys, I am obsessed with gazpacho. I have a traditional Spanish Gazpacho that is very popular (and super tasty), but wanted to try an avocado version that is Paleo and Whole30 approved. With my Vegan friends in town this week, I went to work creating a creamy chilled soup that I tasted at one of my favorite restaurants last summer. I remember the melon, avocado, and prosciutto, but didn’t know what else was used. I figured some cucumber would add a refreshing taste along with the mint and basil. For a more complex flavor, I added in a bit of fennel.
We all devoured this soup!!! The husband declared he wanted another batch for lunches throughout the week. Even the kids who are normally not fans of avocado enjoyed their share.
You can also garnish with some fresh mint and basil. I plan on making this for my book group that I’m hosting in a few weeks! I know my girlfriends will love it!
Avocado Melon Gazpacho with Prosciutto
- 1 large avocado pitted and halved
- 1 8 inch cucumber sliced
- 4 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup diced fennel bulb
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- Juice of 1 large lemon about 1/4 cup cup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup diced prosciutto for garnish
- In a high powered blender, add avocado, cucumber, melon, fennel, jalapeño, mint, basil, lemon, and white wine vinegar. Blend for at least one minute, until ingredients almost incorporated.
- While motor is running, slowly add in avocado oil. Continue to pulse at least another 2 minutes so that the soup gets thinner. Add water if soup is too thick.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to let flavors meld.
- Serve chilled with prosciutto, optional.