These protein packed grain-free Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins are sponsored by my friends at Vital Proteins!
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins are a kid-friendly and adult loving snack or breakfast! Packed with 10 gm protein and flavor, these muffins will disappear so fast!
You know what makes me happy?
- Nut butter and bananas
- Recipes my kids devour and beg for more
- Really yummy protein powders
So guess what, friends??? Numbers 1-4 are all in these deliciously moist and addicting muffins! As for #5, well let’s just say baseball is on the mind while I watch the MLB All-Star game.
But seriously, let’s talk about these muffins. They contain everything we love: peanut butter, bananas, honey, and a super yummy optional (but totally necessary!) peanut butter & honey glaze. I’m kind of obsessed. You know who else loves these? My kids! These satisfy my breakfast, snack, and lunchbox rules of nutritiously dense foods with minimal ingredients. We’ve already made more than a few batches. I’ve been thinking about back-to-school lunchbox ideas already, and this one will for sure be added to our rotation. And they are so easy to make. Check out below:
The number one reason why I love eating these and sharing with my kids, is they are packed with collagen protein! As a nutritionist, I recommend to all of my clients to use a high quality collagen protein powder like Vital Proteins as part of a healthy diet. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and helps keep our hair, skin, nails, bones, ligaments, and tendons healthy. As we age, collagen production in the body decreases, effecting the health of our bones, ligaments, and joints. Even more of a reason to add a scoop of collagen protein to your daily regimen!
For this recipe, I added 2 scoops of the Banana, Cinnamon, and Vanilla flavored Collagen Whey Protein. This Collagen Whey combines collagen with organic grass-fed whey protein, organic banana, organic Ceylon cinnamon, Madagascar bourbon vanilla bean, probiotics, and natural hyaluronic acid. Organic ingredients without any additional sugars, sweeteners, or maltodextrin! The flavor worked perfectly with the muffins, and I’ve been enjoying plenty of delicious smoothies using my new favorite protein. Besides the taste, I’m so pleased with the 27g of protein per serving, and additional probiotics to support gut health!
So what are you waiting for?!?! Whip up these ridiculously tasty and EASY muffins. I also like to freeze my muffins so they can last all week! This makes for an easy option for a busy weekday morning. Otherwise, my family will devour these in one day.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 scoops Vital Protein Banana Cinnamon Collagen Whey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 banana, sliced
- For the glaze (optional):
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together your dry ingredients: Collagen Whey Protein, almond flour, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, honey, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Fold in mashed bananas.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients to wet. Continue to mix until dry pockets disappear.
- Slice the remaining banana into 12 slices. Fill your muffin cups to ¾ full. Add a banana slice to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the top is spongy and lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Now make the glaze: add peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and water to a small bowl. Microwave in 15 second intervals and stir until smooth and able to drizzle. Using a spoon, drizzle the top of each muffin.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be stored in the freezer or at room temperature for 1 day.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT VITAL PROTEINS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT RECIPES FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH BRANDS THAT I LOVE! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!