This holiday flavored latte is sponsored by my friends at Vital Proteins!
Skip Starbucks and make this classic and healthy twist on a Gingerbread Latte at home!! Dairy-Free, refined sugar free, and packed with protein.
Heck yes Christmas season, I am so happy you are here!!! I am a bit holiday obsessed. You should see the crazy amount of decor I have going on in my house…….(check Instagram stories)
But also, I am a sucker for all things cozy and winter. Cold weather, bowls of soups, big scarves, sweat pants, my fireplace, fuzzy blankets, and a hot drink. Hot drinks all day, everyday. Even my morning cup of water. I love a good cup of tea, but lately, I have been all about my lattes. Especially this Gingerbread Latte (currently sipping on one as I type).
So there are many reasons why I am slightly obsessed with this Gingerbread Latte.
- I love all things Gingerbread
- I can make it at home everyday
- It’s not loaded with sugar, but sweetened just right
- It’s not 1000 calories (like some of our favorite seasonal drinks at certain coffee shops)
- It’s dairy-free, so my belly is happy!
- It has a scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen for an extra nutrient and protein boost
Some of you may know how much I love Vital Proteins as part of my daily regimen. As a nutritionist, I recommend to all of my clients to use a high quality collagen protein powder like Vital Proteins as part of a healthy diet. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and helps keep our hair, skin, nails, bones, ligaments, and tendons healthy. As we age, collagen production in the body decreases, effecting the health of our bones, ligaments, and joints. Even more of a reason to add a scoop of collagen protein to your daily regimen!
I used Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides. I love the vanilla peptides because it mixes so perfectly in coffee, smoothies, tea, and any baked goods. Best part is that is contains 20g of collagen per serving, 18g protein, and contains hyaluronic acid and probiotics! It’s also sugar free, dairy-free, Whole 30 approved, and Paleo.
I am sure this is bound to be your new favorite drink this holiday season!
- 2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk I use flax milk
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tso cloves
- 1/2 scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 2 shots espresso
- Begin by heating milk over medium high heat to a gentle boil. Once hot, add in molasses and syrup continue to whisk until combined. Now add in spices and collagen, continue to whisk.
- Once well incorporated pour into a mug (or 2 mugs to share with another). Pour in 1-2 shots of espresso per cup (option to use 1/3 cup strong coffee).
- Top with whipped cream or coconut cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT VITAL PROTEINS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT RECIPES FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH BRANDS THAT I LOVE! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!