A perfect summer night dinner with grilled cherries and peaches on a kabob with tender and flavorful balsamic chicken!
These delicious kabobs were super fun to make and eat! I love the addition of fruit to flavorful chicken. I am not much of a fruit girl, but I absolutely love it in the summer on a hot day with my dinner. Sadly, cherry season is short lived. I could seriously eat my weight in cherries just about everyday, but I know this can only last 2 months out of the year. I savor cherry season, and find a way to incorporate one of my favorite fruits in just about anything! Insert kabobs, some peaches, and a grill…….
I used one of my favorite marinades for this chicken. Balsamic, honey, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and a little dijon mustard. I let the chicken marinate for about 2 hours, but even just 30 minutes is fine. Be sure to cut the chicken into small pieces, as the peaches and cherries grill quickly. If kabobs aren’t your thing, you can also toss the chicken and fruit into a grilling basket or pan. The grilled cherries and peaches compliment the chicken perfectly, and make this dinner one the entire family will love. We served with couscous and salad for a complete meal, but this also pairs perfectly over some greens!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast tenders*
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 cups cherries
- 2 large peaches, chopped
- Cut your chicken into small bite sized pieces, set aside
- Make your marinade: in a food processor or blender combine vinegar, mustard, garlic, oil, and honey. While motor is running, slowly add in rosemary. Pulse for a few minutes or until rosemary is completely incorporated. Place marinade and chicken into a sealable plastic bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes (up to 24 hours).
- Heat up your grill to medium high heat.
- Prepare your skewers: thread cherries, peaches, and chicken onto large skewers. You will need to pierce the cherry avoiding the seed.
- Grill for a total of 10 minutes, turning several times to cook evenly.
- Serve warm over greens or with rice.