Toss all your ingredients into the Instant Pot for a super simple weeknight Spaghetti Sauce! This version is so delicious and full of flavor mixed with both ground beef and sausage. Paleo and Whole30 approved!
I’m currently living it up at the beach in Hilton Head South Carolina, but I didn’t forget about you! My girlfriend and I have a total of 8 kids (a few teenagers sprinkled in), two vehicles, and just the two of us. Sounds like fun, right?
Seriously though, we’ve had a great time.
Who knew that having teenagers to keep an eye on all the kids, make late night runs to the grocery store, and play some card games at night would make for a relaxing week. It’s been pretty perfect…..
This week at the beach is just a little reminder that we only have 2 weeks left until school starts. Also until my next round of Whole30 starts. So I have food on the mind (what else is new?)
And by food, I mean, I’m already planning what I’ll be making once we get back in the grind of fall. I need easy, delicious, Whole30 approved, and kid friendly. Spaghetti is most DEFINITELY on top of this list!
If there are two things that every family needs: it’s an Instant Pot and a really good spaghetti recipe. Agree??? I hope so. At least this is the advice I would give to my newly married 23 year old self. Spaghetti is a classic recipe that will never get old, and is pretty much ALWAYS going to be a winner winner dinner.
And if I’m being a little biased, I have never in my life tasted a better spaghetti recipe. I am IN LOVE with my version! I am sharing with you all too, hoping you feel the same way. It’s the addition of both ground beef, sausage (can use turkey or chicken sausage), herbs, red wine vinegar, and San Marzano Tomatoes. I am really loving that the Instant Pot can make the process so much easier. I don’t have to wait for 2 hours of cooking, it’s honestly less than 20 minutes total!
So what to serve? My two favorites are spaghetti squash and acorn squash for their buttery nutty flavors. I also like over zucchini noodles in the summer. Plain pasta for the kids and everyone is happy.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 medium sized white/yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 28 oz cans San Marzano Tomatoes*
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper optional
- Fresh basil to taste
- Set your instant pot to saute. Once hot, add oil. Coat the pot, then add both meats, onion, and garlic. Mix around until beef is almost cooked (a little pink is fine). Now select cancel.
- Pour vinegar over meat mixture.
- Now add tomatoes, paste, salt, and spices. Secure the lid. Select the manual function and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Use a quick release, and make sure steam is completely released before removing lid.
- Serve over noodles and squash. Add crushed red pepper, additional salt to taste, and garnish with fresh basil.