This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavvySnacking #CollectiveBias
Happy Spring dear readers!! It’s approaching that time of year where life is busier, more running around is happening, and we’re enjoying our time outdoors!
Some of my clients have been recently complaining about their mindful eating being thrown out the window. A common reason is being so busy and tied up with activities, that dinner is not happening until 8pm. Or perhaps, dinner is happening in the car on the way to some of our busy nightly activities. I’ve heard it all! I’m excited to offer you some helpful solutions to this busy time of year!
Here are some of my favorite ways to live a nutritious life, even in the busiest of seasons:
- Always be prepared. For me, this means packing snacks in advance. Often this includes some meal prep on the weekends, but so often, I don’t have time for that! Recently I came across a new product that I am super excited about: Lorissa’s Kitchen protein snacks. Lorissa’s Kitchen protein snacks are an easily portable snack that can be split between two people. I am now keeping it in my glovebox, my purse, my kids’ baseball bags, and anywhere else that may come in handy!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! You know what happens when we run around all day long, and are away from our home? We forget to drink water. Happens all the time. Even worse, we often mistake thirst cues for hunger cues. You may not be hungry, you may just need to guzzle down some water! At the beginning of the day when I leave, I always fill up to large water bottles and keep them in my car. That way they are sitting in front of me ready to be consumed whenever I need them. Before I grab that afternoon or mid-morning snack, I drink water first.
- Mindfully prepare your snacks. So while I love to pack apples as an easy “go-to” snack, on a hungry belly, this will also spike blood sugar levels. Pairing your apple with a high protein snack or one that is high in healthy fats can prevent this from happening. Think nuts, dried fruits, and protein; a perfect on-the-go snack!
- Use the slow cooker!! The slow cooker should absolutely be your friend in the busiest of seasons. In fact, it is my absolute most essential appliance in my kitchen. I’ve already used it for 3 dinners this week! This also helps to stay away from the drive-through. A cheaper and much healthier option.
- Walk and enjoy the fresh spring air. It’s that time to get our vitamin D levels back up, and also enjoy fresh air. So even if we spend all day at a desk, see if you can find a few moments throughout the day to take a quick walk around the building. Or maybe you spend your time walking the fields when the kids are playing their sports. Even a brisk 10 minute walk first thing in the morning can make all the difference!
I was happy to use Lorissa’s Kitchen protein snacks in our time of need 3 times this week. I don’t know about you, but I am in the middle spring sport chaos with my kids and family. Most of our weeknights are spent at the baseball field, which means dinner is not happening until 7:30 (and that is the earliest!) These made a perfect, easy on-the-go snack at the ball fields that the whole family enjoyed.
Lorissa’s Kitchen is currently hosting a giveaway for your chance to win $100!!
What I absolutely love about this product is it’s a farm-to-table, easily portable, high protein snack. Ingredients are actually things I have in my own kitchen! Compared to the alternatives with mystery meat, artificial flavorings, additives, and even food dyes, Lorissa’s Kitchen is actually real food. I am so happy there is FINALLY a product that offers 100% grass-fed beef, and responsibly raised pork. Lorissa’s Kitchen products not only pack in the protein with 11g, no MSG, or no preservatives, but all the different flavors taste AMAZING!! My kids have had quite a great time testing all 3 flavors:
Lorissa’s Kitchen Korean Barbeque Beef
Lorissa’s Kitchen Sweet Chili Pork
Lorissa’s Kitchen Szechuan Peppercorn Beef
So I’d love to hear from you, with all of these delicious Lorissa’s Kitchen flavors calling your name, how can you use them in your busy day?
Lorissa’s Kitchen protein snacks can be found at your local Walmart near the registers: