This simple Paleo Raspberry Chocolate Mousse comes together in just a few minutes and packs a nutritious punch! Perfect for a light dessert option, and no one will know it’s dairy-free, Vegan, and refined-sugar free!
I need you all to know that this mousse has avocado. Yep, that green superfood that you should be eating everyday of your life. I made it super simple for you to enjoy avocado by masking the taste with CHOCOLATE!!!! And in case you were wondering if there is an avocado taste, NOPE. Not that I would mind, but let me tell you, my kids wouldn’t dare touch avocado and they just gobbled up a bowl of this mousse. Clearly they have no clue…..
I’ve been enjoying this dessert for awhile now; it’s my “go-to” because it’s nice and light, and satisfied my chocolate craving. I have finally gotten around to sharing with you now that raspberries are in season and I could get a pretty photo!
Avocado is one of those foods I absolutely love and must have on hand at all times. I’ve been trying unsuccessfully for years to get my kids to enjoy it (they loved it as babies). I’ll put it in their smoothies or bake with it sometimes, and they love my Paleo No Bake Chocolate Mousse Brownies. So I figured I would give this one a whirl since I am chocolate obsessed. I even shared with my husband who also loved it. He couldn’t figure out that avocado was inside.
So if you’re looking for an alternative to regular chocolate mousse, you will absolutely love this variation! Trust me, I don’t like people messing with my chocolate. And, I can eat this everyday for the rest of my life.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder (can also use dark chocolate)
- ¼ cup coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream or coconut cream for garnish (optional)
- Place avocado, cocoa powder, coconut cream or milk, vanilla, and sea salt in a food processor or high powered blender.
- While the motor is running, slowly add in 2 tbsp of maple syrup. Stop the blending, and scrape down the sides with a spatula. Check to see if the mousse is sweet enough, if you prefer sweeter, add in an additional tbsp maple syrup.
- Continue to blend until all ingredients are well incorporated, pausing to scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Spoon the mousse in a bowl, and chill for at least 1 hour. Add fresh raspberries to serve and optional whipped cream or coconut cream.