Peanut Chicken and Quinoa Bake is a one-pan, super easy dish that makes a great weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy!
Don’t be mad at me guys, I gave my slow cooker a break this week. Not on purpose of course, but the timing of my week has been really wacky. I wasn’t around at all in the afternoons to throw anything into my crockpot. I needed meals that I could prep in the morning, and start around 5pm. So I’m sorry slow cooker, the job description just didn’t fit. I had this idea of a Peanut Chicken Quinoa dish for awhile, and my original idea was to try it out in the slow cooker. But after having success with Fit Foodie Find’s Cashew Chicken, I loved the way this casserole/bake/one-pan dinner came out and wanted to make one of my own in the oven!!
Insert the always loved peanut sauce, chicken, and vegetable concoction:
What I love about this dish, are many things. Starting with the peanut sauce: a definite favorite with my kids and husband!! They never, ever, ever complain about anything with peanut sauce. It’s also one of the only dressings they love on their salad. I also packed the dish with protein and fiber by adding in quinoa. Finally, I tossed in my kids’ favorite veggies: bell pepper and carrots. Feel free to adapt here! Broccoli, maybe even asparagus or edamame would also be a great fit. Finally, this dish was so easy. It was basically as easy as the slow cooker. So I hope that means your totally on board now.
So just how easy? Start by lining your casserole dish with quinoa, add the raw chicken and vegetables, and top with the peanut sauce. Throw in the oven. That’s it! Out comes this pretty dish:
I hope you enjoy it as much as us! Another fun tip is that I prepped this in the morning and refrigerated the dish. I was able to just throw it right in the oven as soon as I got home for a simple dinner.
Peanut Chicken and Quinoa Bake
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup apple cider or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup GF Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- For garnish:
- chopped green onion
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped peanuts
- sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Chop the chicken into small chunks (about 1 inch). Set aside.
- Line the casserole dish with quinoa seeds, top with chicken and chopped vegetables.
- In a blender or food processor, place peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, oils, honey, ginger, and garlic. Blend until smooth. Measure out 1 cup sauce, and mix together with 1 cup broth in a bowl. Pour broth/sauce mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until quinoa looks cooked. Remove from oven and let sit for another 10 minutes.
- Top with peanuts, cilantro, green onion, and sesame seeds. Serve immediately
This recipe can be made ahead earlier in the day, and baked at your convenience.