Super EASY Peppermint Mocha Fudge that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth during the Holidays! You and your guests will never guess this recipe is dairy-free, Vegan, and Paleo.
My mouth wants all the chocolate. It happens often, but this whole holiday thing really gets me in the chocolate mood. And with the holidays around the corner, I have been dreaming up so many ways to combine my favorite flavors without getting crazy on a sugar high. Coffee, peppermint, and chocolate are just a few of my favorite things in the winter. Funny that I only crave peppermint during this time of year. The coffee thing is weird too, considering I don’t even drink coffee. But I love me some coffee flavored desserts!!
You know what else makes me happy? Fudge makes me happy. So does guilt-free fudge, the kind that doesn’t hurt my stomach after eating a small slice, or is so ridiculously sweet that I can’t even have more than one bite. So if this speaks to you and you’re anything like me in the dessert department, I introduce to you: YOUR NEW FAVORITE CHRISTMAS FUDGE!! With all the right flavors, I can assure you this will be a batch of fudge you will want to make over and over again.
Who says us dairy-free peeps have to suffer through the dessert table and turn down everything? But the truth is, this fudge is for EVERYBODY! Promise. You’re peeps who love the chocolate and peppermint just like the rest of us, will have no idea you made it to suit your healthier needs. It has the same brilliant fudge-y consistency we all love, but without the sweetened condensed milk. Instead, I’ve used full fat coconut milk (and no, it has ZERO coconut taste).
And the sea salt you guys. It’s a must.
Cookie exchange anyone? This is a total, last minute, easy recipe that is only a few ingredients. No special tools and techniques, just melting of the chocolate and stirring. Oh and slicing it up. So get on it, make this for your favorite people, serve it to the neighborhood, coworkers, or whoever wants fudge in their life. And in case you are wondering, you can also cut the instant coffee to serve to kids. We certainly don’t want them buzzing around!
Enjoy my friends!
P.S. If for some reason you still want the full indulgent 3-layer mocha peppermint brownies (not Vegan or Paleo), check out that recipe here.
Peppermint Mocha Fudge (Vegan, Paleo)
- 2.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips use this brand for Paleo, Vegan
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 4 drops peppermint oil or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-4 tbsp maple syrup*
- 1 tsp sea salt + more for tasting
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, or a 9x5 inch bread pan with parchment paper. Let the parchment paper go over the sides to create a sling. Lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Melt chocolate chips, coconut milk, instant coffee, syrup, and peppermint extract over medium low heat in a small sauce pan. This will take anywhere from 7-12 minutes. Taste to see if more maple syrup is needed for your level of sweetness. I only used 1 tbsp. Start with 1 and add in additional syrup to taste. Finally, add in tsp salt.
- Gently pour melted chocolate into your pan. Top with more sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, or until firm. Remove from pan and slice into small squares.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.