Bake up this simple Bruschetta Chicken with butternut squash for a one-pan, healthy weeknight meal! Delicious flavors with simple ingredients, this recipe is also Paleo and Whole30 approved!
I’m a mama who loves one pan, a plan, and easy meals are my jam!!!
Okay, that was a little corny. But I’ll just say that if there were ever a meal that is made for busy weeknights, this Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken is it!! Cut up butternut squash with a lightly marinated chicken, and all topped with fresh basil, tomatoes, and garlic. It’s seriously a party for your taste buds with so much fresh flavor! I even have some ways to make this kid friendly, all in the name of making your mama life a little easier.
So just a little update on this first day of September. I’m cruisin along to day 13 on my Whole30, and it seriously has been my easiest round yet. Part of the reason is that we’ve been eating fantastically delicious meals like this one. And I just keep pretending I’m pregnant (definitely NOT REALLY PREGNANT), to keep me from thinking of a weekend glass of wine.
Even if you’re not doing a round of Whole30, you can still be totally on board with this Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken. I love the combo of butternut squash, fresh tomatoes, and basil to bridge that gap between summer and fall flavors.
Don’t get me wrong, you can still most definitely make this any time of year. I know this recipe will be making it’s way to our permanent rotation all year. Even my kids were super happy with the results!
Speaking of kids, to make this more appealing to them, I served them chicken over some gnocchi. Any pasta or noodles (zoodles too) work really well with this recipe. And if they are not a fan of tomatoes (mine don’t like chunks of tomatoes), I gave them them the chicken and whipped up a quick pesto. Fresh basil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese is also a way to make them happy.
Hope you enjoy!
Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken
- 3 large chicken breasts sliced in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil + 2 tbsp
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced (divided)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with non-stick spray or line with foil.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, 1 clove garlic, and salt. Cover chicken with marinade.
- Coat the butternut squash with 2 tbsp oil, and salt + pepper. Arrange chicken and butternut squash on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 25-30 mins (depending on oven and thickness of chicken)
- While chicken is baking, mix together tomatoes, basil, and remaining garlic (2 cloves).
- Once chicken and squash are done baking, spoon tomato mixture over the chicken. Add additional drizzle of balsamic chicken if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.