This Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon is a simple and nutritious dinner is made in one pan and full of your favorite flavors! Dressed with an easy and delicious maple dijon marinade, your chicken, bacon, and vegetables will all roast to perfection. This dinner is sure to be a new family favorite for your rotation!
I have been waiting patiently to share this recipe with you! I’m obsessed with sheet pan dinners, and this one includes my favorite food of spring: ASPARAGUS!!!!! Teamed up with this drool worthy maple dijon marinade, fresh thyme, chicken, yellow squash, and bacon this recipe is an absolute Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!
This dish was actually inspired by probably my favorite dinner ever: Rosemary Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken with Bacon and Apples. I make it ALL. THE. TIME. This is just my spring time variation with a lighter marinade and spring/summerish vegetables. It comes together so easily by whisking the marinade, and pouring it all over the chicken and veggies. Once your ready to bake, dump it all on your pan and top with small cut pieces of bacon.
Something about the smell of bacon with herbs roasting together with veggies makes the for the most delicious smell in the house. I wish I can tell you all how much my family devoured and gobbled up this dinner, but unfortunately someone else was also so intoxicated by the wonderful aroma……That would be my 75lb Briard puppy. My sweet little side kick who always obediently watches every one of my photo shoots that are often done on the floor, and never once has even tried to sneak a lick. Nope. I could even walk away for a few minutes, and she won’t stray……..
Until she went rogue on me Thursday afternoon. I set this dinner on the table (my counter height table I should add), went to pick up the kids from school, and came home to an empty sheet pan of dinner. WHAT.THE.HECK.
All I have to say is, thank goodness that photo shoot already happened.
And mama was not happy.
On a positive note, I also managed to get several bites in myself, and it was delicious. So there you have it, puppy and mom approved!!
- For the marinade:
- ⅓ cup avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- For the Sheet Pan Dinner:
- 1 - 1.5 lbs chicken breast, chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 12 oz sliced asparagus spears, about 2 inches in length
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by whisking together marinade ingredients. In a multi-use air tight container, add chicken and vegetables with marinade. Let sit for about 30 mins, up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a roasting pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray. Spread out chicken and veggie mixture. Top with bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then bump up temperature to 425. This will help to get the bacon a bit crispier and allow for the dish to become nice and toasty. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until dish is golden brown,
- Serve immediately with greens or over rice, or cauliflower rice.