This one-pan Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken and Potatoes is a simple weeknight dinner that comes together in 30 minutes! Fresh and healthy ingredients with so much flavor, this recipe is bound to be added to your rotation!
It’s that time of year! Back to school time. Some parents rejoice they can finally get their routine back, others are sad to see the summer come to an end. I fall somewhere in between. I love having my kids home and enjoying summer, but I also have lots of work to do and will be thrilled to get back into a routine!
Back to school for us also means a slew of fall activities and juggling schedules. It also means dinner has to be super fast, healthy, and my most important criteria: SO YUMMY!!!!
I think you’ll love this one.
I already have plans to make it again ASAP. Because, guess what?!?!?! Whole30 starts in 2 days!!!
AHHHHH!!!! I’m actually super happy about this. I had a great summer of socializing (translation: drinking wine and cocktails), and mama needs a nice reset. I figured the first day of school was the perfect day to start. Kids get on their own routine, mom and dad get it together too! My husband has actually been wanting to do another round for awhile now. He just started a new job and realizes how much energy and clarity he has while on Whole30. Plus, he does zero cooking. So all of his meals are prepped and ready for him everyday.
Must be nice, huh?
I wouldn’t know….
It’s alright, I’m fine with this role. I’m so adamant about having really fantastic food with every meal, that allowing someone else make my meals makes me nervous. Yes, this is why I am so picky about restaurant choices! So, we eat at home ALOT.
So this recipe is one that does not disappoint! The potatoes are cooked on both the skillet and roasted in the oven for optimal texture, and the cilantro lime sauce is AMAZING!!!!! You might recognize the similarities between this and my Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice. The addition of onion, bell pepper, and chicken make this a complete and delicious meal.
You know what else I did to this meal? I added tomatoes and guacamole. What’s not to love???
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- ⅓ cup avocado or olive oil, + 2 tbsp
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 cloves minced garlic, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ large white onion, diced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 6 medium sized Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced (about 1.5lbs)
- 1 tsp Salt, plus more to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set aside your chicken in a large container or ziplock bag.
- Make your marinade: In a food processor or blender, combine oil, lime juice, zest, vinegar, 1 clove garlic, cilantro, and cumin. Blend until well combined. Pour marinade over chicken reserving about 2 tbsp of marinade to set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium- medium high heat. It's best to use an oven proof skillet such as a cast iron. Once hot, add 2 tbsp oil. Toss in diced onion and potatoes. Saute for 3-5 minutes, then add garlic and bell pepper. Sprinkle with salt. Saute another 2-3 mins.
- Top with chicken and stir. Transfer to oven.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are done.
- Salt and pepper to taste, top with remaining 2 tbsp of marinade.
- Serve hot with additional toppings such as tomatoes, avocado, fresh cilantro or onion.