Use your Slow Cooker or Instant Pot to make this delicious Smoky Chipotle BBQ Pulled Chicken! A super easy sauce that comes together quickly, and a dinner the entire family will love. Paleo and Gluten Free!
Easy dinners for the WIN!!!! We’re in the midst of another busy busy season in our house. Such is life, right?!?! With my kids out of school and spending their days at the pool, and also spending nights outside, we are rarely home to enjoy a lengthy home cooked meal. Soooooo, mama is on a mission to create super easy recipes that are portable so that we can eat them outside at the pool. Mama also wants dinners that I can make earlier in the day so I’m not wondering how it becomes 7pm and I have zero idea what we’re doing for dinner. Sound familiar?? I’m glad I’m not the only one 🙂
I’m super thankful for my Instant Pot so that I can make delicious creations like this:
We love BBQ everything. My family is especially big on BBQ pulled pork and and chicken. For a long time, I’ve been making this simple dinner of dumping BBQ sauce into my crockpot or Instant Pot, plus a few other ingredients to get a tangy smoky taste that I love. I’ve forever used bottled BBQ sauce, until I became super conscious about the ingredients in my sauces. All kinds of junk ingredients in store bought BBQ sauce. Recently, I’ve been playing with my own version that is plenty tangy, has a smoky taste, but also has that slightly spicy taste we love! I knew chipotle peppers would be perfect, and I finally got it just right with this simple sauce.
What is so amazing about this recipe, is that the sauce can be whisked up in just a few minutes! No need to cook and let the flavors meld, all that magic will happen in the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot.
So how do you serve this tasty chicken? I love to serve over greens, in a wrap, or over a bowl of cauliflower rice. My kids love this as a sandwich, or in a tortilla. This makes for a perfect lunch option all week! My husband will prep this on the weekend and have an entire week’s worth of chicken for lunch. So many great reasons to make this!
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Smoky Chipotle BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 3 lbs Chicken Breasts*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown mustard
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together broth, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, honey, coconut aminos, mustard, paprika, onion powder, garlic, liquid smoke, chipotles, and adobo sauce.
- For the Slow Cooker:
- Place your chicken at the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour sauce on top. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until chicken can easily be shredded with a fork.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- For the Instant Pot:
- Place your chicken in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Pour sauce on top. Select the manual function. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Use a natural release. Remove the lid, and shred the chicken with a fork of knife.
- Serve hot.
Recipe NotesThis is a very saucy recipe, you can use up to 4lbs of chicken and have plenty to last for leftovers or lunches.