Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chicken is a very simple and delicious dinner for busy weeknights! Let your slow cooker do all the work; prep time for this dish is less than 5 minutes!
I am introducing you to my kids’ favorite crockpot meal. If there is one food they love more than tacos, it’s peanut butter chicken. The peanut sauce is slightly sweet, a little acidic, and will leave your house smelling AhhhhhMAZING! We love to serve this among a bowl of rice and some roasted vegetables. Broccoli, red bell peppers, and carrots are great options here. If your weeknights are super busy like ours, dinner can be ready in no time at all! All you need to do is stir the peanut sauce ingredients, throw in your chicken breast, hit start, and be on your way. It’s just as simple as buying take-out, but so much cheaper and healthier for your family.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce (I use low sodium GF Tamari Soy Sauce)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Place chicken breasts into your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Sauce will be slightly lumpy, but make sure it's well incorporated.
- Pour on top chicken.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and easy to shred.
- Serve over rice with roasted vegetables and be sure to top your chicken with the sauce. Chicken can also be served with greens as a salad