Flavorful beef braised in beer with a spicy sauce and slow cooked to beef taco perfection!
Happy Taco Tuesday! Or Sunday! Around here we celebrate tacos any day of the week. You know what’s awesome about this recipe? I ate it for like 3 days straight. Yep. So many leftovers, they tasted so darn good, that I just couldn’t help myself. And I have a rule of not eating beef more than once per week.…..Whoops…….My nutritionist friends are rolling their eyes at me. Whatever, It was so worth it.
Once again, my slow cooker is so ridiculously awesome. I love the way the meat is so tender that it pulls apart so easily. If your slow cooker is not doing that to your meat, guess what? Time for a new one! I recently made the switch and it was life changing!
To make these tacos, I am going to use my favorite and most frequently used word around my dinner blog posts…..EASY!! I created a little rub with my favorite spices. Then whisked together with beef broth, tomato paste, and garlic. Mix together beer, cilantro, and lime juice. Pour on top of the meat:
Not the most flattering picture, but you get the idea. Cook on low for 4-6 hours and Voila!!!! Shred the meat and dinner is ready to be served! Don’t judge the crusty outside of my slow cooker, ok? I’m sure yours has done the same thing from time to time.
Top with all of your favorite goodies. I smother mine in avocado, salsa, arugula, cilantro, and more salsa. You can also toss this on a bed of greens for a lighter and lower carb meal. Just a random thought, has anyone tried the corn tortillas from Trader Joe’s? OMDelicious!!! That’s how my kids eat these, and the husband has finally come around to corn tortillas. Eat them however you want, I can just promise that you’ll be a fan!
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
- 2.5 lbs boneless beef roast shoulder or bottom round works well for this
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup mexican beer
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix together spices and salt into a small bowl. Add tomato paste, broth, and garlic. Mix well to create a paste. Rub the entire roast with rub and place inside the slow cooker.
- In another bowl, mix together lime, beer, and cilantro. Pour on top of the roast and cook for 4-6 hours on low heat.
- Beef should be tender and easily torn apart.
- Serve hot with your favorite taco fix ins.
Recipe NotesTo make this recipe GF, use a wheat free beer. Mexican Beer is not necessary.