Creamy tomato soup with plenty of herb flavor, spinach, shredded chicken, and gnocchi. Throw it all into the slow cooker for a super simple and tasty dinner!
I’ll admit guys, that I wasn’t quite sure what to call this soup I made up earlier this week. I had ideas of a creamy tomato soup with chicken, spinach, and gnocchi, but thought that made a ridiculous title. The thought of Chicken Florentine came to me, but I actually had to google it to see if I was on the right track.
Regardless, the most important things you need to know about this soup is that it’s:
- SUPER EASY!!
You’re 2 favorite things!! So I basically threw in everything into the slow cooker without any prep work. Like the easiest dinner ever. I did wait to throw in the Gnocchi, spinach, and Boursin Cheese toward the end, but everything else cooks together at the beginning.
Out comes this deliciously creamy perfect soup:
What’s not to love?? Serve alongside a salad or crusty bread and enjoy!!
Slow Cooker Tomato Chicken Florentine Soup with Gnocchi
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz whole tomatoes
- 40 oz chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 12 oz package gnocchi
- 2 cups loose fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp garlic and herb Boursin Cheese
- Place chicken breast inside your slow cooker. Top with tomatoes, broth, basil, garlic, and butter. Set your slow cooker to low for 4 hours.
- At the 3 hour mark, add gnocchi, Boursin Cheese, and spinach and stir. Shred chicken with a fork. Cook for another hour.
- Serve immediately. Top with extra spinach and maybe parmesan cheese.