This Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Bake is reminiscent of baked oatmeal, without the grains! You’ll love this healthy and delicious alternative to traditional hot breakfasts. Paleo and grain-free!
Strawberries, coconut, bananas, walnuts, chia seeds, and a dash of cinnamon flavor up this yummy breakfast that is kid approved! You guys, I can actually get on board with a breakfast that is not eggs or a protein shake!!! I am kind of excited about this 🙂 I have been playing around with some flavors of these N’Oatmeal breakfasts, and super happy with this dish!
I’ve had a few clients ask me recently for healthy breakfast ideas that don’t include eggs as the main dish or grains. I set to work with something hot, easy, and yummy! This breakfast comes together by combining some eggs with nut milk, to give it a baked oatmeal type texture. The shredded coconut, walnuts, and fruit are the star! What I love about this recipe is that it is packed with healthy fats and only sweetened with the fruit. You can feel free to drizzle a little honey or maple syrup, but totally not necessary! In fact, to keep it Whole30 approved, you must omit the sweetener.
So I have to be completely honest with you, and let you know of a not so funny story today that involves this breakfast. I actually ate this for dinner. Why is that? Because my 75lb lap dog Briard puppy, thought it was a great idea to completely devour an entire sheet pan dinner that was sitting on my kitchen table (my counter height kitchen table I should add). She did all of this while I was picking my kids up from school. You can imagine how mad I was to find my beautiful dinner GONE!!!
Luckily, I made this earlier today and had something else to enjoy. While I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this as a dinner food, it was satisfying enough to keep us happy. My kids are even looking forward to eating it tomorrow morning!
Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Bake
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder omit for Paleo/Whole30
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk I use flax milk
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients: coconut flakes, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Now add in coconut oil and mashed banana. Add wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Now fold in strawberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until top is firm and golden.
- Serve hot!
*You can feel free to add in a drizzle of maple syrup or honey for an added sweetener.