Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup is a creamy, curry based soup packed with vegetables and flavor! Zucchini noodles mimic a “ramen” style soup that you and your family will fall in love with. This simple recipe can be made in the Instant Pot or Stovetop for ultimate ease! Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, and Whole30 approved.
Grab your spoons and favorite soup bowls, friends! I have quite a treat for you. Not only are you getting the recipe for this gloriously delicious and easy to make soup, BUT I’ve teamed up with 4 of my healthy blogging friends to give you a total of 5 NEW recipes for January! All Whole30 compliant and comforting to your bodies.
I’ve officially declared January the month of soup. I could eat it all month long as if my life depended on it. It nourishes my body and soul, but also makes me feel so satisfied and just HAPPY!!
Definitely excited that my first recipe of 2019 is this Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup. You guys are seriously in for a BIG treat. It’s a new family favorite! So many veggies, and a creamy curry broth that is incredibly delicious and comforting.
Also a recipe that will be published in my Big Book of Instant Pot Recipes (set to be published in 2019). Don’t worry, I’ll remind you at least a thousand more times before it’s published, 😉
No Instant Pot? No worries! I’ve also provided you with directions to make on the stovetop. You can’t go wrong either way. So cozy on a cold winter evening! Scroll all the way down to the end of this post for the recipe card.
Want to know what else is cozy? These 4 other soup recipes!
More Soup Recipes:
Starting with Kimchi Soup from Erica and Justin at Real Simple Good.
Also, this Turkey Meatball Zoodle Soup from my friend, Michele, The Paleo Running Momma. We kind of like this whole zucchini noodle thing, replacing the need for pasta!
From Mary’s Whole Life, a Whole30 Maryland Crab Soup!
And last, but not least, my friend Jessica’s Zuppa Toscana, from Real Food with Jessica.
Enjoy!! And get the recipe for Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup below.
Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1.5 lbs raw chicken breast
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the Instant Pot:
- Select the saute function to medium (if possible) on the Instant Pot. Coat the bottom of the pot with oil, and once hot, add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then toss in ginger and garlic. Once the vegetables are gently browned, about another 3 minutes, select cancel.
Now add in chicken broth, tomatoes, Thai curry paste, sea salt, bell pepper, carrots, and chicken breast. Secure the lid. Select manual, or pressure, and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Use a quick release, and remove the lid. Take out the chicken breast and shred with a fork and knife. Place the chicken back into the pot. Now stir in coconut milk, lime juice, and spiralized zucchini. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Pour into individual bowls, add salt to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro (if using).
For the Stovetop:
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Heat a large pot to medium heat. Once hot, add oil and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add chicken, garlic, and fresh ginger. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Now pour in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, curry paste, salt, bell pepper, and carrots. Heat to a roaring boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Add the Coconut milk, lime, and zucchini. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
Pour into individual bowls, add salt to taste. Top with chopped fresh cilantro.