Toasted Pecan Vinaigrette is just what you need for your fall salad! This creamy, nutty, and tangy vinaigrette pairs well with so many autumn flavors and is sure to please a crowd.
Happy Fall Ya’ll!!!!!!! Today makes the official first day of fall, and the introduction to my favorite three months of the year. I actually grew up a California girl and was deprived of the beautiful change in seasons. Now that I’ve been on the East Coast for awhile, I couldn’t imagine being without my beloved season changing weather that I look forward to so much! Not here to talk about the weather……..Obviously. So let’s get right to it. So many delectable possibilities in this one jar of fall goodness.
Ihave a not-so-secret obsession with salad dressings. They pretty much are the gateway to healthy eating. I mean, you can eat all the vegetables you want as long as it’s topped with something so delicious. Right? This super yummy dressing combines maple syrup, toasted pecans, white wine vinegar, shallots, and olive oil. The dressing is nice and thick; perfectly versatile for a salad, on top of veggies for a side dish, or even as a sauce for a main course. The toasted pecans really bring out the maple syrup to give this dressing a delicious balance of nutty, earthy, and sweet. It bursts with fall flavor!!
Recently I was at my favorite restaurant, A Chef’s Kitchen in Williamsburg, VA. Chef John Gonzales did it again with this seasonal dressing for fall. He served with peaches, goat cheese, butter lettuce, and more pecans. It was the perfect salad course!! I couldn’t wait to go home and try it with some fall vegetables. For lunch yesterday, I drizzled this over a bowl of brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, pears, and quinoa (recipe coming soon!). This dressing would be a fabulous addition to your holiday table, or just for a weeknight salad dish!
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Vegetable broth or water for thinning, around ½ cup
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecan halves on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the pecans, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant. Around 10 minutes. Cool completely. Coarsely chop the pecans.
- In a high powered blender or food processor, add pecans, vinegar, syrup, and shallots. While blending, slowly add in olive oil. Blend until completely smooth. Add broth or water as needed to thin.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.