Turmeric Roasted Vegetables make such a delicious and easy side dish! Tons of flavor, perfectly seasoned, and pairs well with anything. Paleo, Vegan, and Whole30 compliant.
I needed a break from all the desserts. Insert: Turmeric Roasted Vegetables. Ever since my completion of Whole30, I went on a baking fall treat frenzy: Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies, Paleo Caramel Apple Bread, Apple Pie Bars, and Grain-free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles.
All ridiculously tasty, pretty healthy, and fun to eat, but I needed some real nutrient dense food to balance it all out. Being the vegetable loving geek that I am, these Roasted Turmeric Vegetables make me just as happy as those desserts.
So many good flavors and textures here with cauliflower, green beans, and potatoes. So versatile and perfect with anything. The turmeric “paste” that I created, coated these vegetable in the best possible way with a bit of tang, and kick! I love the crispy texture of green beans and cauliflower, and think the potatoes should pretty much pair be served with every meal.
I’ve made this yummy side dish twice in the past week: heating it up in the middle of the day for lunch, as a topping for my salad, and a dinner side dish for the family! I particularly chose veggies that were in season now, but feel free to adapt to your own favorites.
- ¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 medium sized Yukon Gold potatoes, diced (about 2.5-3 cups)
- 10 oz fresh green beans
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together together oil, garlic, lemon juice, turmeric, and sea salt.
- Place sauce in a container or ziplock bag, add vegetables and shake to coat.
- Spread over a large baking sheet. Add additional salt and lemon pepper.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (depending on oven). Veggies should be nice and golden brown, crispy on the edges.