This delicious Vegan and Paleo Pesto Veggie Pizza is sponsored by my friends over at Daiya Foods.
You’ll love this healthier variation of pizza made with a homemade Paleo/Gluten-Free/Vegan Pizza crust, topped with pesto and veggies! An easy dinner or lunch the whole family will enjoy!
Did you know that October is National Pizza Month?? I couldn’t let this important celebration go by without creating a delicious recipe for all of you! Pizza is a classic food that we all love and can get behind for ANY MEAL.
Am I right?!?!
While I can absolutely devour pizza for any occasion, for some years now it’s been difficult for me to digest and tolerate. Over the past year, I’ve been on the hunt to make a delicious pizza that I can devour, and also please my toughest critics (my kiddos) with a big thumbs up. Insert: Paleo pizza crust, vegan pesto, and Daiya Mozzarella Cutting Board Style Shreds that melt and taste just like dairy-based cheese!!
I also topped with some of my favorite veggies for added nutrition and flavor. It’s pretty much been on repeat all week for lunch. Now that I know I can still enjoy one of my favorite foods with dietary restrictions and it doesn’t taste like cardboard, it makes my belly so happy!!! If you’re like me and still want to enjoy National Pizza Month with dietary restrictions, HECK YES. Here is my virtual pizza cheers to you!
I’m so glad I discovered Daiya Foods Cutting Board Style Shreds as a dairy-free alternative, that is 100% plant based, and contains non GMO ingredients. I’ve been using their different flavors (cheddar, mozzarella, and pepper jack) in my soups, on my eggs, and even as a dip. They also have several different cheezy pizza flavors that are dairy, gluten, and soy free without any animal products, cholesterol, trans fats, or preservatives. You can find Daiya food products in the frozen aisle or dairy section at more than 22,000 grocery stores in the country including: Whole Foods, Kroger, Safeway, and other Natural food retailers.
I think you’ll love my dairy-free pesto, and pizza crust too. Super easy to make with a delicious thin and crispy crust. Top with your own favorite veggies to customize!
Enjoy, and declare Friday Homemade Pizza night!!
- For the Crust:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅔ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2.5 tbsp water
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- For the pesto:
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ tsp salt
- For the toppings:
- ¾ cup Mozzarella Daiya Cutting Board Style Shreds
- ⅔ cup diced mushrooms
- ½ large red onion, diced
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh arugula for garnish (optional)
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Make your crust: In a large bowl, mix together flours, salt, and spices. In a small bowl, mix together wet ingredients: flax seed, water, oil, and milk. Make a well (hole) with the dry ingredients, and add wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula to incorporate wet and dry ingredients. Dough will be wet, but let sit for an extra few minutes to let coconut flour soak up the moisture. Lightly flour your hands with tapioca flour, and spread a bit of flour on parchment paper. Place dough on parchment, flatten to a 12 inch disc. Transfer the dough (using the parchment paper) to a greased pizza stone or baking sheet. Flip the dough over (parchment side up), and remove paper from the top. Add toppings.
- Make your pesto: Using a food processor or blender, add basil, nuts, yeast, and salt and blend. While motor is running, add oil and continue to blend until a thick paste is formed. You can add a bit more oil or a little water, but keep it thick for the pizza.
- Assemble your pizza: Spread pesto over the top, then Daiya Cutting Board Style Shreds, and top with veggies (not arugula).
- Transfer to lowest rack on your oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on your liking for crust (extra crispy at 15 mins). Remove from oven, top with arugula if using. Cut into slices and serve hot!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT DAIYA FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT RECIPES FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH BRANDS THAT I LOVE! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!