You’ve made it to another year, let’s toast to a healthy and delicious year ahead! We’re celebrating with Toasted Coconut Latte Energy Bites. Exactly the snack you need for an afternoon pick-me-up, after dinner treat, or even breakfast. These fun little bites are so simple to make with only a handful of ingredients. Paleo, Gluten-Free, and Vegan!
Oh friends…. I am on a huge energy bite kick right now. They are giving me new life. Something about a little ball that is packed with flavor, nutrients, and tastes so darn amazing with my afternoon latte or cup of tea just makes me happy.
These Toasted Coconut Latte Energy Bites taste like a combination of a decadent drink from your favorite coffee shop and a coconut macaroon. Only these are way healthier, and portable. The toasted coconut flakes are next level goodness to these energy bites. It might require a few extra minutes, but so worth it! Just one bite into these chewy treats and you’ll be hooked!
With a new year ahead, and maybe some goals to eat more “real food”, these energy bites are just the recipe you are looking for. Perfectly fun for kids too (you can always omit the coffee).
Let’s get started!
How to make Toasted Coconut Latte Energy Bites:
All of the magic of this recipe happens in the food processor. You can use a blender, but I find that it does not work as well.
Gather up these simple ingredients:
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- raw unsalted almonds
- pitted dates
- chia seeds
- cacao powder
- instant coffee or espresso powder
- real maple syrup
- sea salt
- We start by preheating the oven to 325 degrees. Spread out the coconut flakes on a sheet pan. Toast for right about 5 minutes (it doesn’t take long). You want the coconut to be golden. Remove from the oven. Set aside about 1/4 cup of toasted coconut to add to each ball in the end.
- Place all of your ingredients into a food processor. Pulse for a few minutes until you start to notice the ingredients binding a bit more (this could take up to 3 minutes).
- Roll the “dough” into bite sized treats. Sprinkle or roll into additional leftover toasted coconut.
As mentioned above, this recipe couldn’t be easier! They make a fantastic portable treat/snack, or just something to keep on hand when you have the munchies or want to satisfy a sweet craving.
A nutritious snack:
I absolutely love these bites for the taste, but they are also very nutritious! Filled with healthy fats from the almonds, chia seeds, and coconut, and also packed with fiber.
You can store these at room temperature or in the fridge for at least a week. They have never lasted in my house longer than that, but they would probably be fine in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Other healthy snacks:
Here are a few of my other favorite healthy snacks:
- Maple Apple Pecan Energy Bites
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Healthy Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Toasted Coconut Latte Energy Bites
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1.5 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the shredded coconut on a sheet pan and spread out. Transfer to the oven and toast for about 5 minutes (or until coconut is golden brown). Remove from oven.
Place 1 cup of the toasted coconut inside a large food processor. Add the dates, almonds, chia seeds, cacao powder, instant coffee, maple syrup, and sea salt. Pulse for 3-4 minutes, or until a sticky "dough" begins to form.
Using your hands, roll into 1.5-2 inch balls. Place the remaining toasted coconut on a small plate or shallow bowl and roll each ball in the coconut.
Store at room temperature in an air tight container, or in the fridge.