You’ll love the moist and dense flavor of this Morning Glory Bread! A perfect breakfast or snack on the go, packed with apples, coconut, carrots, raisins, and walnuts. This bread is grain-free, refined sugar free, and oh so delicious!
I would like to introduce you to your new favorite breakfast treat. I am super excited about this bread you guys. Holy smokes. I had one of these fantastic baking moments where I went through my pantry and threw together all of my favorite ingredients (I omitted chocolate in case you were wondering), adjusting sweetness and textures as I went along, and just like magic the most delicious bread was baked. I love when I get a first try success!!
I love the flavors of Morning Glory muffins; it’s definitely one of my favorites and it’s fun to pack in all of those yummy nutrients when feeding my kids too. And while muffins are fun to bake, if I’m being honest, isn’t easier just to throw the entire batter in one pan and let it bake altogether? Yes, yes it is. That’s why breakfast breads are my new favorite thing. Plus, I can adjust the thickness and cut myself an extra big slice.
So I packed in grated carrots, diced apples, raisins, walnuts, coconut, and some cinnamon for flavor. I joked the other evening over on my Instagram account that I had grand plans to make Carrot Cake Bread. Most of you were pretty excited about that, but I changed my mind. I wanted to pack in some more ingredients, which is where the idea of Morning Glory Bread was born. It’s Carrot Cake-ish, but even tastier.
My kids were absolutely crazy about this the other day. They enjoyed the bread for an after school snack, and then again in their lunchbox today. This makes a super yummy afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of coffee or tea! You can freeze and use for later use as well.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup shredded or grated carrots
- ½ cup finely diced apples
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a bread pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flours, coconut sugar, baking powder & soda, cinnamon, salt and coconut flakes. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Fold in carrots and apples. Add wet ingredients to dry. Continue to mix and fold until the pockets of dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Finally, fold in add in raisins and walnuts.
- Batter will be thick, pour into the loaf pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-48 minutes (depending on oven). Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan.