Grain-free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are a Paleo, Vegan, and Gluten-Free cookie that is perfect for the fall! These make a great snack or dessert, and are a crowd pleaser!
Can I just tell you how excited I am to start bringing on the pumpkin recipes? It’s one of my favorite ingredients to cook with and I love this time of year when I can add it to just about anything! These delicious cookies are the perfect way to kick-off the pumpkin season. A classic cookie recipe that gets a pumpkin makeover and has only wholesome ingredients with no refined sugar. Yep, that’s right. Go ahead and eat them for breakfast if you want. These delicious, buttery, spiced cookies were also an afternoon snack for my kids who gave them rave reviews.
“Best day ever!” said the little guy.
“I want to bring them to school and let my friends try these!” said Miss Carbivore.
They can be tough critics too. You only hear about the recipes they love, but trust me, there are recipes I create and hope to share with you, but sometimes they get the thumbs down from my kiddos. They were the ones who were initially gave me the idea for these cookies. My first grain-free snicker doodle cookie came from visiting a fabulous gluten-free restaurant in Huntsville, Alabama: Mason Dixon Bakery and Bistro. If you are ever in the area, pay them a visit! I had the most delicious gluten-free chicken apple brie sandwich. We met the owner, and she brought the kids a Paleo Snicker doodle for dessert. They have not stopped talking about that cookie ever since that day. Until now.
Now we have this version to talk about!
Another great thing about these cookies is they are SUPER easy. No fancy mixers, just a large spoon. Add the dry ingredients with wet ingredients, stick them in the fridge for about 10 minutes, form them into small balls, and dip them into a cinnamon mixture. You will want the balls to be about the size of a ping-pong ball:
Bake for about 12 minutes, and let them cool completely on the pan. Remove and enjoy!!!
Check out the video to see how easy:
Grain-Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut/palm sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice powder.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, pumpkin puree, syrup, vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry. Mix together until wet, and sticky. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes (this allows the dough to get a little more sticky and firm).
- In a small ball, mix cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Form dough balls that are about 1.5 inches in diameter, roll dough into cinnamon mixture. Place on a cookie sheet. Using a jar or glass, flatten cookies to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes (depending on oven and thickness of cookies). Cookies should feel firm on the top, but may be soft in the middle. They will continue to get firmer once out of the oven.
- Cool completely on the cookie sheet.