Lemons are a staple fruit around my house as they are involved in so many of my recipes. For this simple marinade, I also used a grapefruit and lime. Feel free to change up the citrus. You can even do all lemon or substitute any with an orange. I love grapefruit in this recipe because of it’s hint of sweetness. Adding fresh herbs to anything is a great way to pack in nutrients. Thyme is especially beneficial for the immune system as it contains a healthy amount of Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
I marinaded this chicken in the morning to have with dinner. It’s certainly not necessary to marinade all day; in fact, just a few hours is plenty! I love to serve this with any salad, but the best way is with my Confetti Couscous. As you can tell in the above picture, I threw on vegetables to be added to the Confetti Couscous salad.
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 Grapefruit
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper or lemon pepper
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chicken, into a bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken into a large ziploc bag and add marinade.
- Mix the marinade around to coat the chicken.
- Marinade for at least 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
- Grill for approximately 5-8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165.