I love when the weather is warmer and we start grilling on a regular basis again! Truth be told, I am not a huge meat or chicken eater. Maybe I’m still channeling my inner vegetarian. The good news is that it forces me to be creative with creating meat dishes packed with flavor. Grilled chicken is my favorite way to eat chicken.
For this recipe I pounded the chicken breast thin, and topped the chicken with my spinach pesto. You can use that recipe or store bought pesto, whatever works!
Once covered with pesto, I rolled up the chicken and brushed it with a little olive oil. While the chicken was grilling, I prepared the balsalmic glaze on the stovetop. Grilled chicken is usually done within 15 minutes. I served this with my asparagus salad, but there are several great options! Serve over arugula, and add more glaze for a simple salad. Or, my kids’ favorite, serve with pasta. Enjoy!
Grilled Pesto Stuffed Chicken with Balsalmic Glaze
- 1 - 2 lbs of chicken breast
- 1/2 cup pesto I used my spinach pesto recipe
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup balsalmic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Prepare your grill
- Pound the chicken breast to about 1/2 inch thickness
- Brush each chicken breast with approximately 1 tbsp. pesto
- Fold the chicken breast so the pesto remains completely inside
- Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (depends on your grill, but this is often 5-7 minutes per side for our grill)
- Meanwhile, make the glaze.
- Bring balsamic to a boil, lower heat to a simmer and add honey & mustard.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or until balsamic has thickened a bit.
- Pour over grilled chicken.