This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
Mixed nuts spiced with chipotle and rosemary, and sweetened with brown sugar and Craisins® Dried Cranberries to spice up your next party!
I love the simplicity of this versatile dish that can be used for any upcoming occasion. With New Year’s just a few days away, and football games dominating the TV in your house, this snack mix is the ultimate munchie. It’s been a favorite of my husband’s for several years when we first tried a similar version at a Super Bowl Party. It’s one of his most requested recipes whenever we have guests! We both love the spicy kick, sweet brown sugar, fresh rosemary, and the Craisins® Dried Cranberries Blueberry Juice Infused. The Craisins® add just the right amount of zing and tang to the the spicy nuts.
And such a simple recipe!! All you do is toss in some raw nuts into the oven, while they are cooking melt some butter and add the sugar and spices. Toss all together with the hot nuts:
Allow the nuts to cool. This will be difficult because they are soooo addicting. But stop. Wait for the Craisins®. I promise it’s worth the wait! I happened to use Blueberry Craisins® in this recipe, but here’s the thing: any Craisins® flavor will be delicious in this recipe. Pomegranate and cherry are also a great addition! I love that each serving of Craisins® also provides a 1/2 serving of fruit. Mixed with the protein and healthy fats of the nuts, this snack is ideal for keeping you satisfied without eating junk. In fact, I just whipped up this batch to take with us on our road trip tomorrow. A snack that is easily portable and something my kids are excited to eat!
Craisins® are a very versatile snack in our house. You can buy in several different sizes, even small snack boxes to pack for an easy lunch. I like to buy in the large 24oz bags since they are quite the hit with my kids. We’ve also recently discovered the new Craisins® Fruit Clusters (Cranberry Almond) which make a delicious granola topping to yogurt! Oh and my kids are eating them plain by the bowl as we speak. You can find all of these Craisins® products in your dried fruit section at Walmart:
I’d love to hear from you, what’s your favorite way to eat Craisins®?
Spicy and Sweet Snack Mix
- 1.5 lbs mixed raw nuts I use pecans, almonds, cashews
- 1 6 oz package Craisins® Dried Cranberries Blueberry Juice Infused
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp chipotle spice powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread nuts across a large cookie sheet and roast for 10 minutes in the oven.
- While nuts are roasting, melt the butter.
- Mix together brown sugar, chipotle powder, cayenne pepper, rosemary, and sea salt in a small bowl. Add melted butter and mix to combine.
- Place warm nuts inside a large tupperware, or dish with a lid. Add brown sugar mix, and toss the nuts until spice mixture is well incorporated to the nuts. Let cool.
- Once cooled, add Craisins®.
The added cayenne pepper will give the nuts a more spicy kick. This can be adjusted to 1/2 tsp if you want a more spicy variation, or it can be omitted for a less spicy variation.