Asian Broccoli Salad combines several veggies, slivered almonds, and is tossed with a super flavorful ginger vinaigrette! A perfectly balanced and healthy side dish or lunch that is packed with flavor and nutrients.
I’m writing and eating you guys. Enjoying my super easy lunch here of this beautiful and delicious salad. What I want to say about this week is: I’m BACK!!! Not back from anywhere really, just back to reality and good meals. My kids started school this past week, and this mama had a to-do list the size of Texas. I’m feeling great about all I’ve accomplished, but especially great because I have been cooking all week and have several great dishes down the pipe.
But we’ll start here………..
Because you’ll want this ASAP. First of all, it’s really easy. I say that often, but it’s the truth. As fast as you can get a pot of water to boil is as long as this dish will take you. You’ll start by chopping up a large head of broccoli.
You can chop the rest of your vegetables here too, while you wait for that water to boil. I’ve combined some of my favorite vegetables (carrots, bell pepper) and added in one I don’t eat all that often (radishes). Mixing up your nutrients is so good for the body and digestive system! I should have added cabbage to make this salad even more colorful and pretty, but couldn’t find a good one at the store. Anyhow, feel free to add that element if it suits you. You will only cook the broccoli for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, just to blanch it. You want to maintain a crunch with the salad.
The dressing makes this salad absolutely perfect, it can also be whipped up very quickly while the water boils. The strong ginger taste is so yummy, and with the crunchy almonds and broccoli, you really can’t go wrong!! This salad makes a super healthy side dish or in my case, the perfect lunch! I love to pack my lunches with nutrients and veggies since the afternoon is when most people feel sluggish. Not when you eat something as nutritious as this! To make it more filling, feel free to add your favorite source of protein.
- For the Salad:
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 cup matchstick carrots, or chopped carrots
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup radishes, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated or chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- In a large pot, bring several cups of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, chop your broccoli into medium sized chunks. Look at above picture for more. Once water is boiling, add broccoli for only 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drain immediately, and soak in ice water for a few minutes to prevent further cooking.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing. In a food processor or high powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Drain broccoli completely. Toss with remaining chopped vegetables and dressing. Serve with slivered almonds on top.