This Spicy Beef and Broccoli Zoodle Soup can be made in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker. Full of flavor and easy to serve on a busy weeknight!
Soups and salads are two types of food I can’t live without. I’m currently enjoying some family time in the mountains, and all I want every day is soup! Luckily I can come up with a million and one ways to make soup depending on my current mood; life is never boring in my kitchen! I came up with this recipe imagining one of my favorite soups on the ski mountain: a huge bowl of ramen with spicy beef. This soup is asian inspired with a ginger kick, some spice, mushrooms, and broccoli.
I love how easy this soup comes together in my Instant Pot, but the Slow Cooker will work just as well! The beef is perfectly tenderized adding the right amount of flavor to the soup. You do have a few options here with the broccoli. Because I like things to be super easy, I throw everything except for the zoodles in the instant pot or slow cooker (save the zoodles for the end so they don’t get mushy). But, if you like the broccoli to be crisper, you can also throw the broccoli in at the end as well. Either in the last 20 minutes of slow cooking, or select the saute function on your Instant Pot and continue to cook for a few minutes before serving.
The zoodles add in that ramen texture that I love, but make this a Paleo and Whole30 compliant soup. I promise it tastes just as good! Finally, use buffalo wing sauce for spice if following a Paleo or Whole30 diet, or use sriracha if you don’t mind a non-compliant recipe.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 lbs top sirloin steak tips, about 1 inch pieces
- 2 heaping cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 8 oz sliced bella mushrooms
- 6 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- ¼ cup buffalo hot sauce or sriracha*
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized for noodles
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh green onion
- For the Instant Pot:
- Select the saute function on your Instant Pot. Once hot, add avocado oil, ginger, garlic, and steak tips. Cook for a few minutes, until the beef is lightly browned on each side, and garlic/ginger is flavorful. Select cancel.
- Now add broccoli, mushrooms, beef broth, vinegar, coconut aminos or soy sauce, and hot sauce. You can also save the broccoli and add with zoodles after the soup has cooked if you want the broccoli to be crisper. Stir and secure the lid.
- Select the manual function on your Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Then use a quick release to let the steam out.
- Now open the lid, adjust to more hot sauce for a spicier variation. Add in the spiralized zucchini, top with fresh green onion, and serve hot.
- For the Slow Cooker:
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add oil and cook the ginger and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add beef to the pan, and cook for about 5 minutes until each side is lightly browned (it does not need to be cooked all the way).
- Toss beef, ginger, and garlic inside your slow cooker. Add broccoli, mushrooms, broth, vinegar, soy sauce or coconut aminos, and hot sauce. Broccoli can also be saved until toward the end of cooking time for a crisper taste. Set your slow cooker to low, and cook for 4-5 hours or until beef is tender and soup is flavorful. Add in additional hot sauce for a spicier variation.
- Add in spiralized zucchini, and serve with fresh green onion.