Paleo No Bake Mocha Chocolate Mousse Brownies are a more nutritious way to enjoy your chocolate! These delicious brownies have 2 layers of goodness: dense almond chocolate crust with a light chocolate mocha mousse topping. Refined sugar free, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Paleo!
I could not wait to share this recipe with you today. I’ve been dreaming up a way to create my favorite dessert without the guilt, and BOOM. Here it is you guys. It has everything I love in one delicious bite! I think you’ll love that it’s light, tasty, and you can even feel fine about eating it for breakfast. It’s chock full of healthy fats and ingredients that will make you feel full longer. Oh… and it has zero refined sugar.
The other night was girls’ night at my friend’s house. I was in charge of dessert and trying to navigate some specific dietary restrictions among my friends. I knew they all would love these! However, we had to cancel our night out. Which was a huge bummer. Especially for them because now I was one who reaped the benefits and was stuck with an entire batch of these brownies. The husband certainly didn’t complain, and has enjoyed helping me eat these!
I love this recipe because I was able to incorporate one of my favorite foods ever: avocado. It may seem a little strange, but I promise it works perfectly to create the mousse texture. To begin, you’ll pulse almonds, cacao powder, dates, and vanilla extract. Keep blending until the mixture is well incorporated and the dough is very “sticky”. Line a square 8×8 pan with cooking spray, and press the the sticky dough into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate for about an hour, and begin to make the second layer. The second layer involves avocado, cacao powder, thick coconut cream, coconut oil, and instant coffee granules. Whip it up in the food processor, and spread the second layer on top of the brownie layer. Refrigerate for at least another hour, and cut into small bites.
This recipe tastes even better the next day! The coffee flavor is enhanced. Serve chilled, as when this comes to room temperature the mousse becomes a little messy.
Watch the 1 minute video here:
Paleo No Bake Mocha Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- For the Brownie Layer:
- 2 dozen pitted dates approximately 2 cups
- 1 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Mousse Layer:
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream*
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Begin by making the brownie layer. In a food processor, mix together almonds, dates, and cacao powder. Slowly add in vanilla extract. Continue to mix for at least a few minutes and a dough begins to form. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue to pulse until the almonds are completely broken and a dough is easy to form.
- Line a 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Press dough along the bottom of the pan, really using a firm touch so the dough is packed. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Using the food processor, make the next layer. Whip together avocado, coconut oil, coconut cream, cacao powder, and coffee granules. Slowly add in maple syrup. Whip until all ingredients are well combined. You may need to stop the food processor and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the mousse layer on top of the brownie layer and smooth it out evenly. Refrigerate for at least another 2 hours, or until mousse is firm. Cut into small pieces and serve chilled.