Easy 1-Pan Chicken with bacon, apples, veggies, and the most delicious rosemary balsamic sauce! This simple weeknight dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
My house never smelled so good the other day. It was so ridiculous that my visiting friend had to get a peak in the oven. YOU GUYS. This dinner. SO incredibly flavorful and delicious! I. am. obsessed. Something about the balsamic rosemary with the bacon and apples took my taste buds to their happiest place on earth. I threw in some brussel sprouts because I love them, and it was just perfect. Perfection.
Did I mention easy? 1 pan, and throw everything in the oven. You’ll love those 20-25 minutes when this is baking in the oven because it smells so darn good. This recipe was simple to whip up. I chopped up some fresh rosemary and added it to my food processor with the balsamic, lemon, garlic, and olive oil. Pulse for a few minutes. You can marinate the chicken ahead of time (up to 12 hours or so), or just let it sit for as little as 5 minutes. The bacon also gets tossed on the pan without having to cook before hand. Fewer dishes is winning at dinner time. Finally, toss the extra marinade onto the brusseel sprouts and apples.
I made a small mistake in this recipe and didn’t even realize until the next day. I had intended on adding mushrooms. Whoops. So if mushrooms are your thing, add them on the sheet pan too! Everything will bake for 20-25 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).
I enjoyed this as a glorious bowl of goodness tossed with some greens. My kids and hubby ate over a bowl of rice. We were all quiet (even my loud children) because everyone was too busy inhaling and loving this dinner. It will become a new staple in our house and I hope in yours too!
Rosemary Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken with Bacon and Apples
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary
- 10 oz brussel sprouts stem cut off and cut in half
- 2 apples cored, peeled, and chopped
- 6 slices of bacon chopped
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Cut your chicken breast into smaller chunks or pieces. Set aside.
- Make your marinade by blending balsamic vinegar, oil, lemon, and garlic. While motor is running, add chopped rosemary. Continue blending for at least 1 minute or until rosemary is well incorporated. Place chicken into a bowl or container with marinade. Marinade for at least 5 minutes, but up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with foil. Place brussel sprouts, apples, and bacon on the sheet. Add chicken. Brush any reserved marinade over sprouts and apples.
Bake for 15 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken). Bump up the oven to 425 degrees, and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes of cooking to get everything extra crispy!
Remove from oven and serve immediately. Salt and pepper to taste.