This simple recipe for fresh asparagus in the air fryer produces the most perfect crispy texture! Requires only 2 minutes of hands-on time to trim the ends of the asparagus, and 10 minutes in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why the Air Fryer for Asparagus?
I absolutely love my Air Fryer for vegetables! Hands down, they always taste better. So it came as no surprise that when I took my first bite of asparagus after it cooked in the Air Fryer, I knew I would never have it any other way!!
Here is the thing, it tastes perfectly crispy and downright addicting! It doesn’t require much at all, just 5 minutes to prep your asparagus and 10 minutes in the air fryer. You can also add my optional extra delicious sauce at the end, or leave it as is!!
Benefits of Eating Asparagus
As a nutritionist, I know that eating vegetables while they are in season is the best way to get in maximum nutrient value! Asparagus is one of the absolute best veggies to enjoy. It’s a natural diuretic, it’s high in fiber, and also loaded with vitamins and minerals! As a natural antioxidant, it also helps to flush out toxins.
So don’t mind me as I eat my weight in asparagus over the next month or two! It’s in absolute peak season this time of year, and you should be finding a million ways to eat it:
- In a breakfast frittata or omelette like this Crustless Quiche
- In a salad, like in this Warm Asparagus Salad with Bacon
- Asparagus in Soup! My Roasted Asparagus Soup is a huge hit.
- Sheet pan dinners like my Sheet Pan Lemon Basil Chicken
And of course, my new favorite way with the Air Fryer. So let’s dust off that air-fryer and put it to good use!
How to make Asparagus in the Air Fryer:
I love how simple this is to throw together.
- Just a simple blend of oil and salt to toss in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F
- Remove and eat as is, or create a “special sauce”
What is this “special sauce”?
I’ve been making asparagus with this “special sauce” for years. A blend of balsamic vinegar, butter, and soy sauce (or coconut aminos). This special combo is slightly sweet, salty, and tangy. All the things I love when it comes to vegetables!
Can I make this Asparagus in the oven?
Absolutely! I am partial to the air fryer option, but you can easily roast in the oven. If you have a convection setting, that works even better.
Set the convection or regular setting to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Roast for 10-14 minutes (depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
Tips and Adaptations:
- Depending on the thickness of the asparagus, you may only need 8 minutes in the air fryer with thin asparagus. For thicker, use the entire 10 minutes.
- Want to skip the sauce? It tastes amazing with just oil and sea salt! You can also squeeze a bit of lemon juice.
- Adding parmesan or almonds is also a great option!
10-minute Air Fryer Asparagus
This simple recipe for fresh asparagus in the air fryer produces the most perfect crispy texture! Ready in just 10 minutes!
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos*
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Trim the ends of your asparagus stalks. Now cut each asparagus stalk in half. Brush oil on the asparagus, you can place inside a container with a lid and shake, or use a ziplock bag to ensure it’s evenly coated. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Toss the asparagus in the basket of the air fryer. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Thinner stalks may only need 8 minutes.
While asparagus is cooking, make your sauce. Stir together butter, coconut aminos, and balsamic.
Pour the sauce on top of the hot asparagus and serve!
*You can use GF Tamari Soy Sauce in place of coconut aminos if not following a Paleo diet.