This is a great alternative to processed chicken tenders, and one that is sure to be a hit with kids! A very simple recipe with only 5 ingredients and little prep time. For any of my Paleo or Gluten Free friends, omit the Panko breadcrumbs and double the amount of pecans. You’ll need a food processor to pulse the coconut and pecans and place the mixture in a small bowl. Use a separate dish to whisk the eggs. Dunk in the egg first, and then transfer the chicken to the bowl with the pecan and coconut mixture. Place the Chicken in a 9×13 baking dish:
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through and the topping is nice and crispy. My kids love dipping these in a peanut sauce, but a honey mustard would also be delicious!
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan
- If you have large chicken breasts, cut them into smaller strips.
- Using a food processor, pulse the coconut and pecans together until finely chopped and blended.
- Mix in the panko bread crumbs, and set aside to a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- One at a time, dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture, coat with the pecan mixture, and place into the baking dish.
- Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the top is nice and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.