Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates are just the sweet treat you’ve been craving! Salted and roasted almonds stuffed inside a date, covered in bitter dark chocolate, and sprinkled with sea salt or coconut chips. What’s not to love???? So easy to make without turning on the oven, and comes together with less than 20 minutes of prep time.
I’ve reached that point of the year where I love a super easy, chocolate treat to get me through the week. As a nutritionist, I like to keep my sugar intake low, but still indulge on a treat. My only requirements for this conscious indulgence, is that it needs to be totally worth it!
I’m here to tell you, these are everything you can want! Similar to much cleaner version than a Snickers bar. The dates provide just the right amount of sweetness, the roasted almonds give us amazing texture and pinch of salt, and the dark chocolate is everything.
The best part, is that these are so simple to make with just a handful of ingredients!
How to make Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates
Lets gather up these super simple ingredients:
- Pitted Medjool Dates
- Dark Chocolate
- Roasted and Salted Almonds
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- Sea Salt
- Start by taking the pits out of my medjool dates and stuff them with, not 1, but 2 roasted and salted almonds.
- Melt 8 oz of a high quality 80% dark chocolate bar and a tbsp of coconut oil in a small sauce pan. You can use the microwave and keep heating in 30 second intervals, or you can use a double boiler.
- Use a fork (or stick a toothpick through the date/almonds) and dip into the melted chocolate. Place them on parchment paper on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with shredded coconut!
- Stick the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for 15 minutes until the chocolate sets. You can also use the fridge, but I was too impatient.
Tips and adaptations
- You can use any chocolate you like, I used dark chocolate chips from Trader Joe’s that were dairy-free. Enjoy Life also has dairy-free chocolate chips!
- Feel free to use chopped nuts, chia seeds, sea salt, coconut, or whatever toppings you love!
- Nut butter inside the date is also a delicious idea!
- Store at room temperature for up to one week in an air tight container (they won’t last long!)
Other Chocolate Treats you will enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates
Dark Chocolate Covered Almond Stuffed Dates are a no-bake treat that come together in less than 30 minutes! So delicious and refined sugar free.
- 25 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds or 50 almonds
- 8 oz dark chocolate 70-90%
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional Toppings:
- Sea Salt
- Coconut flakes
- Chia Seeds
- Chopped nuts
Begin by inserting 2 almonds in every date. Secure with a toothpick and set aside on a sheet of parchment paper.
Using the stovetop, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil inside a small saucepan over medium low heat. (alternatively you can use a double boiler or microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is smooth). Remove chocolate from the stove.
Dip each of the date/almonds into chocolate mixture until completely covered. You can also use a fork. Let the residual chocolate drip back into the pot. Place on parchment paper to dry.
Sprinkle with any toppings you like. I used sea salt and coconut flakes.
Place inside the freezer for 15 minutes (or fridge for 25), and remove toothpicks (if using).
Store inside an air tight container in the fridge.