Chicken curry is a favorite around here, and a big hit with the kids! The best part is that this can be made in under 30 minutes which makes it a perfect weeknight meal. Don’t be afraid to try it with your family. Although there is a ton of flavor, it is not spicy!
I like to pack my curry with vegetables that the kids love: carrots, zucchini, bell pepper, and onions. This is easily adaptable with any other veggies.
A few things about this recipe:
1. It can be made in even less than 20 minutes if you have precooked chicken. Some ways I cut out time to prepare this meal is to cook my chicken on a different day. For example, if I fired up the grill earlier in the week, I will gladly throw on a few extra chicken breasts to be refrigerated and later added to this meal.
2. This recipe can be made into a soup by adding broth. Done. I like mine without rice or any starches. I serve this to my family with my Coconut lime Quinoa.
3. This recipe is both Paleo and Vegan adaptable. Substitute chickpeas for chicken and use as a soup for my Paleo friends.
Easy Chicken and Vegetable Curry
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Med sized onion
- 1 Bell pepper I used orange, but any color works well
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Carrots
- 2 large chicken breast or 3 medium sized
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of red curry paste or 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
- Fresh Cilantro or basil for garnish
- Heat up a large wok or saucepan on med heat.
- Heat up the coconut oil to coat the pan
- Dice up the chicken and vegetables (if using raw chicken here place it in the pan or move on to the vegetables if your chicken is already cooked).
- Cook the chicken until nicely browned and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the ginger, onion, carrots, pepper, and zucchini to the hot pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until veggies are softened and onion turns clear.
- Add the Diced tomatoes and curry paste or powder.
- Mix thoroughly and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and chicken.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes over medium heat.
- Serve as a soup or with rice or quinoa.