For those busy weeknights when you need a no-fuss, people pleasing dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes, Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice will do the job!! It’s so easy, healthy, deliciously flavorful, and just what you need to feed your family.
Instant Pot for the weeknight win!! I have included two of your favorite words in this recipe: Instant Pot + Chicken. You guys can’t get enough!
As a busy mom and nutritionist, I love nothing more than to keep giving you all flavorful and healthy dinners that can be made in less than 30 minutes. We definitely achieve that with this dinner!
Reasons you will love this Fried Rice:
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice has only a handful of ingredients that you might even have in your pantry now!
- Easy to set it and forget it!
- So Versatile; you can swap in/out your favorite vegetables and customize
- Perfect for meal prep and leftovers: a delicious weekday lunch too
- Kid friendly and approved!
How to make Chicken Fried Rice in the Instant Pot:
Start by gathering up your ingredients:
- Chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- Chopped fresh ginger
- Oil to saute
- Jasmine rice
- Frozen peas
- Chicken broth
- Shredded or chopped carrots
- Coconut Aminos (can also use GF Tamari Soy Sauce)
- Sesame oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Sriracha (optional)
- Select the saute function on the Instant Pot. You can cook the eggs in the Instant pot, or cook them separately on the stovetop. Once the pot is hot, saute the ginger and garlic for 2-3 minutes and select cancel.
- Deglaze the pot with the chicken broth, be sure to scrape the bottom to help prevent the burn signal!
- Now add the chicken, rice, peas, carrots, and half of the coconut aminos. Do not stir!
- Select the Manual function and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Use a natural release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining steam.
- Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. In a small bowl, mix remaining coconut aminos, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Stir in the rice.
- Serve with sriracha hot sauce and top with green onion (both optional).
- You can easily make this meatless and not include the chicken. You can also replace the chicken with shrimp!
- Add in more veggies: think bell pepper or purple cabbage. Feel free to omit the peas or carrots.
Other Instant Pot Recipes you will love!
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is solving all of your weeknight dinner problems! So easy to make in less than 30 minutes, and just a handful of ingredients.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1.5 cups chicken broth (divided)
- 1 lb chicken breast (diced into 1 inch pieces)
- 1.5 cups Jasmine rice (pre-rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Aminos (or GF Tamari Sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion (optional)
Select the saute function on the Instant Pot. Once the pot is hot, add the oil and saute the garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes. Select cancel. You can also scramble the egg in the Instant pot, or cook seperately in a pan. Set the egg aside.
Pour about 1/4 cup of the chicken broth into the pot and deglaze the pan, scraping off any browned bits.
Add in rice, chicken, peas, and carrots in this order. Do not stir! Pour in remaining chicken broth, and 1 tbsp of the coconut aminos. Secure the lid.
Select the manual function on the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Use a natural release for 10 minutes, the release remaining steam.
Remove the lid from the pot, and fluff with a fork. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the remaining coconut aminos, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Pour on top of the rice. Stir in the scrambled egg.
Serve with sriracha and green onion (optional).