Chicken tenders crusted in chopped pistachios, baked until crispy, and dipped in a raspberry mustard sauce. A simple and easy dinner the whole family will enjoy!
I hesitate to compare these to a chicken nugget, but if you’re looking to sell these to your kids, it’s pretty easy. The pistachios create a crusty shell that kids will love. The raspberry honey mustard dipping sauce is also an added bonus! These tenders are packed with nutrition, and create a much better alternative to any processed meat. These are also easy to prepare, and can be made in advance!
The first step in making these a success is to chop the pistachios into small pieces. You can also pulse with a blender or food processor. Set pistachios in a shallow dish, and then make your sauce. You’ll have two different dipping stations. Start by dipping the chicken into the raspberry mustard, and then coat with pistachios:
Transfer to a shallow baking dish and bake until crispy! We served these along side some sweet potato fries and a side salad.
Pistachio Crusted Chicken with Raspberry Mustard Sauce
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1.5 cups shelled pistachios chopped*
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil or any salad oil
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup water + more to thin
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a shallow baking dish. Pat and dry chicken breasts, remove to the side.
- Place shelled pistachios in a shallow wide bowl or plate.
- Using a blender, mix together mustard, oil, raspberries, water, and honey. The sauce should be pretty thick. Remove about 3/4 cup sauce and set aside. Add an additional 1/4 cup water to the remaining sauce, and thin it out. Place thinner sauce in a bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in thin sauce, remove any excess, and place in bowl of pistachios to coat. Place each chicken tender in the shallow baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes at 350.
- Serve with the thickened raspberry mustard.
You can either finely chop the pistachios or pulse in a food processor or blender.