Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken with Bacon and Potatoes is making all of your comfort food, easy, and healthy dinner dreams come true! Less than 30 minutes and one pan is all you need to make this tasty dinner. I am confident the entire family will enjoy this one!
There is nothing I love more on a busy weeknight than making a delicious Sheet Pan Dinner that everyone raves about. This combination of bacon, ranch, and cheddar just might be my favorite one yet!
As a nutritionist, I love to create a complete dinner all in one. My criteria of a healthy protein along with fiber and vegetables is an absolute must! We’re getting a complete meal loaded with flavor, and all cooked in a hands off method in less than 30 minutes. I pair this with my Easy House Salad for some added greens.
And if you love potatoes as much as I do, this amazingly delicious Sheet Pan Potato Nachos will be right up your flavor profile! But let’s get back to Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken.
Why you will love this sheet pan dinner
If ever there was a meal made for weeknights, this Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken would be it!
- It’s loaded with flavor: ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese, bacon, flavorful chicken thighs, and crispy potatoes. What could go wrong?
- It’s made in less than 30 minutes!
- Only one pan is all you need! A hands off meal where the oven does all of the work.
- Family friendly and loved by even some picky eaters.
How to make Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken with Bacon and Potatoes
Gather up these simple ingredients:
- Chicken thighs
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Ranch seasoning (store bought or homemade)
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Baby red potatoes
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Fresh thyme or parsley for granish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a large sheet pan. We start by combining the seasoning with the oil to create a “paste”. Rub both sides of the chicken with a bit of coconut sugar, then some of the ranch seasoning. Place on the sheet pan.
Dice the potatoes in halves or quarters (you want them to be small-ish so they bake well). Pour the remaining ranch “paste” on the potatoes and coat. Pour the potatoes on the sheet pan with the chicken.
Dice up the bacon slices, and scatter around the sheet pan. Transfer the sheet pan to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, then bump the temperature to a broil. This helps to reduce the liquid and get the potatoes nice and crispy! Slice up the cheese, and after 2-3 minutes of broiling, place cheese on top of the chicken. Broil for another minute, or until melted.
Serving and Storing
Serve hot with some fresh herbs on top! I love to spoon the remaining sauce over the potatoes and chicken. Pair with a delicious salad, or just eat plain with some cauliflower rice or rice.
Looking to meal prep? This meal tastes fantastic as a meal prep dish! Store in an air tight container for up to one week. Simply re-heat gently in the microwave, or in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Chicken Breast: Yes, you can use chicken breast in place of chicken thighs! Chicken breast will be a bit more dry in this recipe, but still very tasty.
- Keto: want to make this recipe Keto friendly? Simply replace the potatoes with broccoli or cauliflower florets, and omit the coconut sugar
- Paleo: Simply omit the cheese
- Whole30: Omit the coconut sugar, cheese, and be sure your bacon is Whole30 compliant without any added sugar!
Other Sheet Pan Meals you will love!
- Everything Bagel Crusted Salmon
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Shrimp Tacos
- Pomegranate Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
Hungry for More? Subscribe to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken with Bacon and Potatoes
30 minutes and one pan is all you need to make this simple Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken with Bacon and Potatoes! Healthy and sure to be a hit with the entire family.
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 3 tbsp Coconut sugar*
- 4 tbsp Ranch seasoning (store bought or homemade)
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 lbs Baby red potatoes
- 4 slices Bacon
- 4 oz Sliced cheddar**
- Fresh thyme or parsley for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large sheet pan, set aside.
Rub coconut sugar over the chicken thighs. In a small bowl, mix together the ranch seasoning and oil. Rub about 2 tbsp of the ranch "paste" over the chicken, and place on the baking sheet. The remaining ranch will be used for the potatoes.
Dice up the potatoes into halves or quarters and place in a large bowl. Spoon the remaining ranch paste on the potatoes and toss to combine until well coated. Pour the potatoes on the baking sheet with the chicken.
Dice up the bacon and spread all over the chicken and potatoes. Transfer the pan to the oven.
Bake for 20 minutes, then bump up the temperature to a broil. After 2-3 minutes, place the cheese slices on top of the chicken. Return the pan to the oven for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Garnish with optional fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper if needed.
*You can use brown sugar in place of coconut sugar. You can also completely omit for a Whole30 variation.
**I used sharp white cheddar in this recipe. Feel free to use your favorite, or omit altogether for a Paleo and Whole30 variation!
Lynda Lyons says
My family enjoyed this meal. They would like more bacon. So next time I’ll add more bacon. Very easy to make.