Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork comes together with a pork tenderloin, and quick and easy homemade tangy sauce. Less than 10 minutes of prep time is all you need for this versatile meal the whole family will love!
BBQ Pulled Pork is one of those meals that always comes in clutch. Family gathering? BBQ Pulled Pork! Meal prepping? BBQ Pulled Pork! Football food? You’ve guessed it, BBQ Pulled Pork! I love that this is the kind of meal I can make year round, and it’s always “in season”. Pulled Pork Bowls are a fantastic idea, or even a taco variation with a Mango Jalapeno twist. But sometimes, a traditional Barbecue is exactly what we need.
So while there are several versions of BBQ pulled pork recipes, I prefer mine with the ultimate flavor bomb. Tangy, sweet, smoky, slightly spicy, saucey, and just down right delicious. This variation takes that North Carolina vinegar base, but also gives it several more components.
Reasons you will love this Pulled Pork in the Crockpot!
- As a nutritionist, I realize that homemade sauces are not only better tasting, but they are better for you! This homemade sauce is loaded with the right flavors, without the junk additives.
- It’s so easy to throw together! Set it and forget it in the slow cooker. We use a pork tenderloin here, so no need to trim any fat or even sear the meat.
- So versatile! You will most likely have enough for leftovers. A fantastic way to enjoy pulled pork salads, wraps, nachos, or whatever you have in mind for other meals. I love to make a batch of this and whip up a chopped salad or my Mexican Slaw to pair for easy lunches.
How to make BBQ Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker
Gather up these simple ingredients:
- Pork tenderloin
- Sliced white onion
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Liquid smoke
- Buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot original)
- Dry mustard
- Garlic powder
You will love how easy this recipe comes together! Place the tenderloin in the slow cooker and top with sliced white onion. In a bowl, make your sauce by whisking together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, honey, buffalo wing sauce, dry mustard, and garlic powder. Pour on top of the pork and set your slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
When the 8 hours are complete (it could be done as early as 6 hours), remove the onion. Shred the pork with a fork and serve!
Serving and storing
- Serve: So many different variations to serve this pulled pork! Enjoy in sliders (my kids’ favorite), over rice or cauliflower rice, over greens, in a wrap, or even as nachos. I love this with my Mexican Slaw
- Store: this will hold up for about a week in the fridge. It even tastes better the next day! You can also freeze for later use in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
More Slow Cooker Recipes you will love!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork comes together with a pork tenderloin, and a simple homemade sauce that is tangy and delicious! Set it and forget it in the crockpot.
- 3 lbs Pork tenderloin
- 1 medium onion sliced into rings
- For the Sauce:
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Place pork tenderloin inside slow cooker. Top with sliced onion.
Prepare the sauce. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients: ketchup, apple cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce, buffalo wing sauce, honey, liquid smoke, dry mustard, and garlic powder. Pour on top of the pork.
Cook on low for 8 hours (it could be ready in as little as 6 hours, this will depend on your slow cooker).
Remove the onion. Shred the pork tenderloin with a fork. Serve with sliders, greens, in a bowl of rice, or in a wrap.
*This recipe can be easily doubled to serve a crowd. You may not need all of the sauce, adjust to your taste. This recipe also freezes well.