A refreshing lemon curry chicken dish served up with fresh vegetables, zucchini noodles, and a super yummy tangy lemon coconut curry dressing! Such a perfect spring and summer dish.
I’m officially to that time of year where my diet consists of about 10lbs of zucchini noodles per week. Yes, it must be summertime!!
I love me some zoodles. A pasta like texture that is guilt-free and replaces noodles with zucchini. They allow me to enjoy pasta dishes without feeling to full or heavy, and they are super simple with the right tools. I also have a household full of pasta lovers, and zoodles are the only spiralized veggie we can all agree on.
A few years ago, I created this Thai Lemon Coconut Curry Dressing and told you about the Marks and Spencer salad my kids gobbled up that inspired the dish. This was airport food you guys!! It was a thai noodle salad with fresh vegetables, quinoa, chicken, and a delicious dressing. We all loved it!
How to Make Thai Lemon Curry Chicken Bowls:
To start this dish, you’ll cook your chicken in a skillet over medium heat. I just rubbed a little curry powder on the chicken breasts, cooked them over coconut oil, and it took about 10 minutes total.
I set them aside and prepared my zoodles. I actually like zoodles that are raw, but also think they are really yummy sautéed for a few minutes with some avocado oil and garlic. Either way works. I use this spiralizer, and 2 large zucchinis. I prepared the dressing in a food processor:
Putting the salad or noodle/zoodle bowl all together was fun. Everyone picked their choice of fresh vegetables and enjoyed a bowl that looked like this:
You can customize your bowls with your favorite veggies. We tend to gravitate toward carrots, bell pepper, and cucumber.
A light and refreshing dinner that is perfect for a warm summer night! I love that I can also make the dressing and chicken ahead of time, and then chop up veggies and spiralize right before dinner. You can serve chilled too, making this such an easy recipe for the summer. Also one that is easy to pack on the go, or enjoy throughout the week for lunches.
Thai Lemon Curry Chicken with Zoodles
For the Chicken:
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
For the Bowls:
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 large bell peppers cut into slices
- 1 cucumber 8-10 inches, cut into slices
- 2/3 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- For the chicken. Combine sea salt and curry powder into a small bowl. Rub each chicken breast with approximately 1 tsp seasoning on both sides. Heat up a skillet pan to medium - medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp coconut oil, and then place chicken breasts in pan. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside. Once cooled, slice into thin slices.
- Prepare the Zoodles by using a spiralizer. Alternatively, you can use noodle pasta or a combination of both. Zoodles can be enjoyed raw, or cooked over medium heat for 2-3 minutes with olive oil. Set aside.
- For the dressing: Combine coconut milk, curry paste, vinegar, lemon, turmeric, honey, and fresh basil into a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds until nice and smooth.
- Assemble your bowls: Place zoodles, then chicken, cucumbers & bell peppers, and dressing into a bowl or plate. Toss to combine.