Let’s make dinner so simple and delicious using Trader Joe’s ingredients for this Taco Bake! You’ll love the rice and corn layers with seasoned ground turkey, and bubbly cheese on top. This weeknight dinner is an absolute breeze with only 15 minutes of prep time, and bound to become a new family staple!
My Trader Joe’s Taco Bake is here for all of you busy people who are looking for some shortcuts in the dinner department (I mean, hello, isn’t everyone?)
Lately, my schedule has been so crazy that dinner at our house has been kind of a circus. Gone are those days where I was home every afternoon and evening to prepare dinner. Instead, I am gone from 2-8 just about every night of the week at the baseball and softball fields. This is where Trader Joe’s has been my saving grace!
Turkey Taco Bake for the win!! You’ll love the layers of rice, perfectly seasoned ground turkey, flavorful Mexican street corn, and bubbly cheese on top!
How to make Trader Joe’s Taco Bake
This recipe couldn’t be easier! Here are the ingredients you need (with photos) to purchase at Trader Joe’s:
- Ground turkey
- Taco seasoning
- Tomato sauce
- Frozen Mexican Street Corn
- Either jasmine rice or frozen Mexican cauliflower rice
- Pepperjack cheese
- Cilantro and any other toppings for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Start by browning the turkey in a large skillet. Once cooked through, add in half a packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- Microwave the rice and street corn according to package directions
- Stir the rice, ground turkey, and corn altogether in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and transfer to the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes
This dinner is so perfect for meal prep!! You can make ahead on the weekend and enjoy for lunch throughout the week, or use it for a dinner later in the week. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days. You can also freeze for up to 3 months.
Serve with cilantro, salsa, pickled jalapeños, guacamole, avocado, and anything else you love for tacos! I also will wrap the contents in a tortilla for my kids.
Other Easy Dinners you will love!
Here are a few other Mexican dinners you will love:
Trader Joe’s Taco Bake
This simple Taco Bake uses Trader Joe's ingredients for the ultimate easy meal! 15 minutes of prep time is all you need to get this dinner ready. Healthy, easy, and delicious!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 packet Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 package Trader Joe's Mexican Street Corn (frozen)
- 2 packets Trader Joe's Jasmine rice*
- 3/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Once hot, grease with avocado oil or olive oil. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned. Stir in the taco seasoning, vinegar, and tomato sauce.
Meanwhile, microwave two packets of precooked Jasmine rice and cook according to package directions (3 minutes each packet)
Microwave the Mexican street corn and discard the cotija cheese packet.
Stir together the rice, corn, and turkey. Place inside the casserole dish. Top with pepperjack cheese and transfer to the oven.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly. Top with cilantro, salsa, guacamole, and any other favorite toppings.
*The Jasmine rice comes in a box with 3 packets. You will only need 2 of these packets.