This Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Bake is reminiscent of baked oatmeal, without the grains! You’ll love this healthy and delicious alternative to traditional hot breakfasts. Paleo and Whole30 approved!
Strawberries, coconut, bananas, walnuts, chia seeds, and a dash of cinnamon flavor up this yummy breakfast that is kid approved! You guys, I can actually get on board with a breakfast that is not eggs or a protein shake!!! I am kind of excited about this 🙂 I have been playing around with some flavors of these N’Oatmeal breakfasts, and super happy with this dish!
I’ve had a few clients ask me recently for healthy breakfast ideas that don’t include eggs as the main dish or grains. I set to work with something hot, easy, and yummy! This breakfast comes together by combining some eggs with nut milk, to give it a baked oatmeal type texture. The shredded coconut, walnuts, and fruit are the star! What I love about this recipe is that it is packed with healthy fats and only sweetened with the fruit. You can feel free to drizzle a little honey or maple syrup, but totally not necessary! In fact, to keep it Whole30 approved, you must omit the sweetener.
So I have to be completely honest with you, and let you know of a not so funny story today that involves this breakfast. I actually ate this for dinner. Why is that? Because my 75lb lap dog Briard puppy, thought it was a great idea to completely devour an entire sheet pan dinner that was sitting on my kitchen table (my counter height kitchen table I should add). She did all of this while I was picking my kids up from school. You can imagine how mad I was to find my beautiful dinner GONE!!!
Luckily, I made this earlier today and had something else to enjoy. While I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this as a dinner food, it was satisfying enough to keep us happy. My kids are even looking forward to eating it tomorrow morning!
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cups chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk (I use flax milk)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients: coconut flakes, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Now add in coconut oil and mashed banana. Add wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Now fold in strawberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until top is firm and golden.
- Serve hot!