Skillet cooked steak tips and broccoli paired with a homemade ginger sauce that all comes together in 20 minutes. 20 Minute Ginger Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a simple and delicious weeknight meal the whole family will love!
I freakin love ginger. And when I say love, I mean, I go waaaay overboard with the amount of ginger I like to put in my food. I didn’t call this recipe Ginger Beef and Broccoli for nothing, this recipe is packed with some yummy ginger flavor! And let me tell you, it’s perfect.
I’ve been craving a good stir fry lately. I’ve been too busy eating soup and throwing everything into my crockpot, that I forgot about my good ole’ skillet! And here are the requirements for my dinners during the week: it must be done in 20 minutes, have real ingredients, and it must taste really, really good. This mama does not have enough hours in the day to be wasting time in the kitchen cooking things that don’t make my taste buds giddy.
This one did it. It was perfect. Just perfect. And that is now the third time I have used that phrase for this beef……
How to make 20 minute Ginger Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry:
Gather up your simple ingredients:
- cooking oil (coconut or avocado oil)
- sirloin tips
- chopped broccoli
- fresh ginger
- coconut aminos or GF Tamari
- sesame oil
- rice vinegar
- chili garlic sauce
- ground ginger
To make this recipe, simply sauté garlic and ginger with the beef and the broccoli. Throw it all in the pan together. One pan and quickly is what I was going for here, and it worked just fine!
While the beef and broccoli cook, whisk together the simple sauce. Once the steak tips have been browned, toss in the sauce to coat everything. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice (my fave).
My only regret with this dish, was that I didn’t make more. Of course with stir-fry, it’s best to not have leftovers, but I could have used more in my life. I only used a pound of beef in this recipe, and it was just the right amount for my family of 4 (with two little people who have smaller appetites, me who prefers more veggies than beef, and a husband who really could have eaten the entire pan). For 2 adults, this is the perfect amount. For 4 large appetites, double the recipe!!
Ginger Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb top sirloin beef steak tips
- 3 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger divided
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or GF Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce*
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder optional
- Before you begin, be sure beef and broccoli are prepared. I cut my steak into 1 inch cubes, and my broccoli into various sizes.
- Begin by heating a large skillet to medium high heat. Once hot, add coconut oil, 2 tbsp fresh ginger and garlic.
- Add beef and broccoli. Begin to sauté until sides of beef begin to brown (about 3-4 minutes), and reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce: soy or coconut aminos, sesame oil, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, ground ginger, honey and 1 tbsp fresh ginger. Toss into skillet and be sure to coat the beef.
- Let simmer another 5-8 minutes, or until beef is cooked to your liking. It only took me an additional 5 minutes to have medium - medium well cooked steak. If sauce is too thin, you can add 1 tbsp arrowroot starch to 1 tbsp water. Toss in to skillet, and cook until thickened.
- Serve hot, over rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional).
*This is optional and sometimes hard to find. You can use hot sauce in it's place like sriracha or buffalo hot sauce. You can also omit and just add 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper!