You’ll love this Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Salad that is just like the original, without the grains! All the same lemon and fresh herb flavor with an added serving of vegetables!! So simple to throw together with 15 minutes of prep time, and no cooking required. Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, and Keto!
Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh: a delicious lunch or side dish!
Crunchy cauliflower rice with juicy tomatoes, fresh mint and parsley, onion, crunchy cucumbers, and an easy lemon vinaigrette makes for such a yummy side dish or lunch.
As a nutritionist, I can’t think of a better side dish or lunch option. We’re loading in the antioxidants, adding in some fiber, and fresh herbs for a nutrient power house. This becomes a complete meal if you add in protein! A great option is Lemon Pepper Salmon or even Greek Chicken.
I just made this bowl, ate half of it, and decided I better take pictures and get it on the blog ASAP. You all need this as a super easy lunch or side dish in your lives. This tabbouleh is perfectly portable, and would make a great “on-the-go” lunch!
How to make Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh:
I seriously love how simple this recipe is to make. First gather up these easy staples!
- 1 large head of cauliflower (or purchase store bought cauliflower rice)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion (or green onion, I just prefer the red)
- Fresh mint
- Fresh parsley
- Red Wine vinegar
- Avocado oil
- Dried Basil (optional)
- The most difficult part of this Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh is chopping up all of the vegetables. No cooking involved!
- Whisked together olive oil or avocado oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, and some dried basil. Pour on top of the veggies and cauliflower rice, toss it altogether.
Serving and Storing:
As mentioned, I love this as an easy lunch option. You can easily serve this as an easy side dish in the summertime and is definitely portable. Fantastic to feed a crowd! It lasts in the fridge for up to 4 days, but is best enjoyed within 2 days.
If you’re looking to serve alongside a main course, here are a few good pairings:
Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh is loaded with veggies, and topped with a delicious lemon herb dressing! So simple for a side dish or lunch option.
- 1 large head of cauliflower or 12 oz cauliflower rice approximately 2 cups*
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion*
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 large lemon about 1/4 cup
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon pepper to taste (optional)
Begin by preparing your cauliflower rice. Use 1 large head of cauliflower and chop into florets. Pulse for about 10-15 seconds in a food processor. You can also use store bought cauliflower rice and will need around 3-4 cups.
Place rice in a large bowl. Add all vegetables and fresh herbs, and mix well.
Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, basil, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and stir to coat.
Add more salt and lemon pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors meld.
I used red onion, although traditional tabbouleh contains scallions. You can use scallions in place of the red onion, I just prefer the stronger taste of red onion.