Let’s fire up the grill and enjoy this Greek Marinated Flank Steak smothered in a fresh dill and mint tzatziki. Serve along side Greek Salad for a delicious and light summer dinner! Only 30 minutes from start to finish. A dairy-free option makes this recipe Paleo and Whole30 approved.
Nothing makes me happier than then firing up the grill and enjoying dinner al fresco! Spring and summer time means that I marinate, and the husband grills. It’s the perfect arrangement!
Flank steak is one meat that is a nice occasional treat and variation from our traditional chicken and vegetable regimen. It’s also one the kids always look forward to. I have a few flank steak marinades that I love, but this one is particularly my favorite because it reminds me of our family trip to Greece. It also works perfectly with my Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh!
The Greek flavors in this recipe are bold and have fresh and simple ingredients. It’s approachable, simple, and the perfect recipe for a party or a good time!
Greek Marinated Flank Steak Ingredients:
Here are the ingredients you need for the flank steak:
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh mint
- Dried oregano
How to make Greek Marinated Flank Steak:
- For best results, marinade a full 24 hours in the marinade ingredients. Fire up your grill and cook for 5-8 minutes per side!
- The Tzatziki is easily thrown together while your meat is on the grill. I have included a dairy-free option so that my husband and I could enjoy this on Whole30. Use coconut cream in place of greek yogurt.
- Serve in a wrap, as a salad, or with any of the topping ideas below!
Steak Topping ideas:
Besides the cauliflower tabbouleh and Tzatziki, I also love serving with the following:
- Cucumber Tomato Salad: This one is perfect to make as a side dish, or chop into small pieces and serve almost like a salsa
- Zesty Tahini Dressing: I absolutely love this dressing as a dip or topping!
- Green Goddess Dressing: the blend of fresh herbs makes this another delicious dipping sauce
Want more grilled recipes?
I love grill season and have so many good options for you. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Asian Orange Chicken
- Pineapple Mint Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled Fajita Steak Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- The BEST Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Greek Marinated Flank Steak with Tzatziki
A simple marinade, and less than 20 minutes is all you need to grill this Greek Marinated Flank Steak with Tzatziki Sauce! A fantastic delicious recipe to serve a crowd or for dining Al Fresco.
For the Steak:
- 2 lbs Flank Steak
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp dried oregano
For the Tzatziki:
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
Prepare your meat: place your flank steak in a large container or dish (I use a 9×9 baking dish). Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over steak until completely covered. Marinade for at least 8 hours, up to 24 hours.
Heat up your grill. Grill approximately 5-8 minutes per side (depending on how you like your meat cooked). Continue to baste the meat with additional marinade while cooking to enhance the flavor.
While meat is grilling, make your tzatziki sauce. Whisk together all ingredients, salt to taste.
To cut meat, slice on the diagonal against the grain.
Serve hot with Tzatziki and Greek salad or with my Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh
Use the Coconut Cream for a Paleo or Whole30 option