These Chocolate Blueberry Muffins are deliciously moist and fudge-y! They make a perfect breakfast or snack and are so easy to make. Packed with protein, flavor, and antioxidants!
I’m all about the chocolate you guys. I heard somewhere that February is National Chocolate Month, and I’m not quite sure if that’s legit or not, but I’m going with it! After a month of Whole30, I could not wait to get back into the kitchen baking, and especially couldn’t wait for some chocolate. I have never gone 30 days in my life without chocolate! Haha! We eat mostly grain-free and gluten-free, and now after a month of Whole30 followed by a week of vacation, my husband and I realize just how much better we are without any of the junk in our diet. But, that doesn’t mean I have to eliminate chocolate or sweetened treats. No way. It just means we’re strict Paleo for 95% of the time. These little muffins pack in the dense chocolate flavor I love, and are sweetened just the right amount with honey. The inside of these muffins are packed with blueberries and some more chocolate.
Surprisingly, muffins was one of the foods I missed the most on Whole30. Kind of strange since I didn’t realize I liked them so much, but I kept eyeballing my Grain-Free Maple Pecan Banana Bread Muffins and wanting them in my belly!!! I knew I would be baking up a storm the first week in February. This is my third batch of muffins in a week! The best part is that these muffins can be easily frozen, and eaten on days where you have a busy weekday morning. They make a perfect on the go snack or breakfast!
A few other notes, I used a chopped up Paleo compliant chocolate bar. You can use regular mini chocolate chips, chocolate chips, chopped chocolate, or these dairy free chocolate chips.
Chocolate Blueberry Muffins (Grain-Free, Paleo)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or unsweetened chocolate powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks use this brand for Paleo compliant
- 1/2-3/4 cup frozen blueberries*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray a non-stick spray to liners, or you can also just generously grease the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients: flours, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Fold wet ingredients into dry. Continue to mix, batter will be very thick.
- Now fold in blueberries and chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or spoon to pour batter into the ban. Fill approximately 2/3 way full.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (don't confuse with melted chocolate).
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Muffins can be stored in an air tight container in the freezer for several weeks.