Everyone will absolutely love this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! This moist banana bread is so good that you can’t even tell it’s refined sugar free, grain-free, and Paleo! Simple ingredients and so easy to make.
I would just like to announce that this Banana Bread has been made 3 times this past week because no one can keep their hands off! Including me!!! I never knew I was such a fan of banana bread…. well I wasn’t really, but that all changed when this chocolate chip variation entered my life……….
Things will never be the same! I am OBSESSED. Like drinking a cup of tea and enjoying another slice right as-I-type-this obsessed. And let me tell you, I have had my share of banana bread, full of sugar, white flour, and all that jazz.
This one is far superior. So if you have any people in your life who aren’t quite on board the Paleo or grain-free train, I suggest you change their minds with this banana bread.
My girlfriend was over this afternoon, and I shared with her a nice big slice. She was obsessed too, and could care less if the recipe was grain-free, but immediately wanted the recipe.
I also love that it’s super easy to whip up. No mixers, just simple ingredients.
How to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
Gather up these ingredients:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- ripe bananas
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- chocolate chips
This recipe comes together easily, and both of my kids enjoy making it (and eating it!) Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl: both flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In another bowl, mash the bananas and mix with the melted coconut oil, beaten eggs, and maple syrup. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and use a rubber spatula to incorporate. Then mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour the batter into a loaf pan and smooth along the top.
I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips which are dairy-free and Paleo, but feel free to chop your favorite chocolate into chunks, or use your own personal favorite brand.
Bake for 50-55 minutes, depending on oven. You will know when it’s ready when the bread is nice and toasty at the top and no longer jiggles in the center.
Let cool for about 15 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
Flours: I have not tried without the almond flour, so that one will have to stay put. You could sub the coconut flour with tapioca flour or arrowroot starch. Or omit and add another 1/3 cup almond flour. It will most likely be a more moist.
Oil: you can sub avocado oil or butter
Eggs: flax eggs are work great in this recipe
Maple syrup: sub with honey or coconut/palm sugar. Or leave out altogether! It won’t be as sweet, but the bananas and chocolate chips actually provide plenty of sweetness.
Walnuts: These are optional, feel free to leave out or sub with pecans.
Enjoy my friends!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Paleo)
- 1.5 cups super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips use this brand for Paleo
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan, you can also add parchment paper for easier clean up and release of the bread.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together your dry ingredients: flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon)
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, and add in wet ingredients: bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and mix with a spoon until all the dry pockets are gone. Now add in chocolate chips and walnuts (if using). Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into your loaf pan. Even out the top with a spatula.
- Place inside the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until top is browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan. If not using parchment paper, run a knife along the sides before attempting to remove bread from the pan.