Grilled Asian Orange Chicken is marinated in an orange infused salty, sweet, and slightly spicy sauce and grilled to perfection. It can be served along rice, with a salad, and with your favorite vegetables.
I love a delicious grilled chicken recipe, and during the summer, we eat them at least once a week. This marinade is a simple recipe that can be whipped up around lunch time, marinated all afternoon, and ready to go for your grill in the evening! I do reserve the marinade in this recipe, boil it for a few minutes, and then pour it on top of the chicken to preserve even more of the flavor. I used a juicy orange in this recipe, but orange juice is also fine.
Grilled Asian Orange Chicken
- 1/4 cup Tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos for Paleo
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 orange or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 4 large chicken breasts
- For the marinade: Combine all the ingredients except the chicken in small bowl and whisk together.
- Place maride into a large ziploc bag and add the chicken.
- Marinade for 4-6 hours.
- Prepare your grill, and once heated, place the chicken breasts on the grill. Reserve the marinade.
- While the chicken is grilling, place marinade into a small saucepan and boil for about 2 minutes (sauce will be reduced and thickened).
- Grill chicken for 5-8 minutes per side or until the inside is no longer pink.
- Drizzle sauce on top of each breast.