Grilled Greek turkey burgers topped with a creamy dill whipped feta is a super yummy and fun way to enjoy this classic BBQ dish. Protein packed, healthy, and sure to please every palette!
Summer is the time for socializing. And eating turkey burgers. Am I right?? We eat turkey burgers every week during any season, but summer is particularly fun because I throw them on the grill. And EVERYTHING tastes better grilled. Lemon, garlic, dill, dried oregano, and red onion are mixed into the ground turkey before being formed into patties. You can also throw in some tomatoes and cucumbers, but I decided just to save that part for the topping.
But let me just tell you about the absolute most delicious part of these turkey burgers.
Oh my goodness, why has it taken me this long to discover this? No need for traditional condiments here, all you need in your turkey burger life is this whipped feta. It comes together with whipped cream cheese, feta, lemon, dill, and garlic. It can be stored in the fridge and used for everything you love: crackers, veggies, sandwiches, brownies (haha, just kidding).
The best way to enjoy your turkey burger with your whipped feta is to add some sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion. Greek salad on the side? Yes please!
I am not huge on hamburger buns, so I will just let all my bread phobic peeps know that you can also wrap in romaine lettuce. Enjoy!
Grilled Greek Turkey Burgers with Whipped Feta
- For the burgers:
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- For the Whipped Feta:
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 4 oz feta block or crumbled is fine
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp chopped dill
- For garnish:
- Sliced tomato slices
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sliced red onions
- Begin by warming up your grill to medium, medium high heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix ground turkey with oregano, garlic, vinegar, lemon, onion, and dill. Form into 1/4 pound patties.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side, or until turkey is no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped feta. Add cream cheese, lemon juice, feta, garlic, and dill to a food processor and blend for about 2 minutes. Feta should be well combined, and mixture should be fluffy and creamy.
- Top your burgers with feta, and add your favorite toppings.