Instant Pot Coconut Cilantro Lime Chicken is a super simple dinner that comes together with just a few ingredients, and less than 10 minutes of prep time! A family favorite that can be served over rice or cauliflower rice for the easiest weeknight dinner!
Easy and healthy weeknight dinner for the win!
Just here to add another delicious dinner to your summer weeknight rotation!! Coconut Cilantro Lime Chicken has been saving us this past month. I need you all to know that I have made this at least 4 times in the past month.
As a nutritionist whose schedule has been absolutely crazy this month, I love nothing more than a healthy, tasty, and super easy dinner to keep us from the drive-through!
Here is why you are going to love this dinner!
- So dang easy with only 6 ingredients
- Less than 10 minutes of prep time!
- The Instant Pot does the work for you! You can set it and forget it.
- So versatile! I have been eating this over my cilantro lime cauliflower rice all week as a delicious lunch. My kids have been eating in a tortilla as a taco.
How to make Instant Pot Coconut Cilantro Lime Chicken
- We start by giving the chicken a quick sear in the Instant Pot with some garlic and oil.
- Then dump in your coconut milk, cumin, lime juice, and salt. Secure the lid and let the Instant Pot do all the work!
- You can add in optional arrowroot starch to thicken it up
Can you make this in the Slow Cooker?
For the slow cooker, you can sear the chicken on the stovetop, or skip that step altogether. Dump everything into the crockpot, and dinner is ready!!
Can you use Chicken Thighs?
You can use chicken breast or thighs (your choice), but the recipe is intended to have a shredded chicken outcome that can easily be served over rice or cauliflower rice. Or taco bowls.
Serving and Storing:
This Coconut Cilantro Lime Chicken is perfect for dinner, and even lunch prep!! Also so versatile in what you want to do with this meal. Taco bowls, serve over greens in a Salad, or serve over rice.
Some of my favorite side dishes for this:
Instant Pot Coconut Cilantro Lime Chicken
Instant Pot Coconut Cilantro Lime Chicken comes together with just a handful of ingredients, and less than 10 minutes of prep time! Such a simple and flavorful dinner for a busy weeknight.
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 14oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Begin by selecting the saute function on the Instant Pot. Once hot, coat the bottom of the pan with oil, then add garlic. Let the garlic cook for 1 minute, then place chicken at the bottom of the pot. Cook for 2 minutes per side, then select cancel on the IP.
Add coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, and salt to the chicken. Stir the mixture, and scrape the bottom of the pot, ensuring that nothing is sticky and able to burn. Secure the lid.
Select manual function and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Use a quick release, and remove the lid once steam is completely released.
Stir together water and arrowroot, then pour into the pot to thicken the sauce. Remove the chicken and shred with a fork. Return to the sauce
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice with fresh cilantro and salt to taste.
For the slow cooker, place the chicken at the bottom of the pot. In a medium sized bowl, stir together garlic, coconut milk, lime juice, zest, cumin, and salt. Pour on top of chicken. Cook for 5-6 hours on low, or until chicken can be shredded.